Quantcast

Google Is Lying, and I'm pissed

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by vismich, Oct 30, 2010.

1. vismich

vismich New Member

I bought this piece of crap to browse the web... The ads on there site say "Browse The Web.... Not just some of it, ALL OF IT".

Really? All of it?

Every major station and Hulu is frigging blocked. So how can I browse "all of it"?

False advertising.... I'm so upset I spent $300.00 bucks on this paper weight.

2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Yep..it's been all over the news..at least the tech news sections. Commercial networks matter to some folks, less and less to others. Sorry for your bad experience.

3. toplay

toplay New Member

How on earth can you hold Google responsible or say it's false advertising. You have chrome and you can go to any web site. There's no false advertising. It's not like you can only access web content through apps (which is limiting) and that's all Google meant - the ability to use a regular web browser. Google can't control what others decide to do in terms of blocking web pages or selective content.

Also, I'm amazed how everyone keeps going on about Google put this out. It is a Logitech piece of equipment. They did the engineering, manufacturing and in some cases software (i.e. Vid). So, it's not all Google.

4. nagmier

nagmier New Member

You can't blame Google as stated above you can view those sites the content owners chose to block access if you want to complain do it them. What astonishes me is that people care about July, I mean lets face it the content they carry is sub par and now they want to charge for access AND keep commercials that's just dumb Ill pay for Netflix and get no commercials or download my content elsewhere DLNA FTW there

5. Hefe

Hefe New Member

Ha, funny to hear someone mad at the wrong party.

It's not like Apple where they say you get the whole web on the iPad knowing full well that they chose not to support Flash which makes a lot of sites work.

6. dandroid

dandroid Administrator Staff Member

I agree, the frustration needs to be pointed towards Hulu. I just don't understand why they would block it. What's the different between watching the free ad-supported episodes on your PC vs the TV??

7. superfo

superfo New Member

The different between watching on PC vs TV is "convenience", watching 5'-7' from TV is better than 1' from PC monitor. you have to pay for "convenience" like rent movie or TV episode from Netfrix.

Google doesn't make google tv software for free, they expect to get AD on Chrome while people search for movie. The movie is not free content like other data, that is why cable company want you or Google to pay them for ""convenience".

8. kidzag

kidzag New Member

I love my revue.....and I really hated it all of last week......honestly. Give it some time, use it and get used to it and you will be amazed at the power of this technology. Also, remember that this is going to evolve very rapidly once the devs get their hands on it. I agree that this was a marketing nightmare....but

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  9. Jabronie Man

Jabronie Man New Member

I understand the frustration, but it's not Google's fault. It's the stupid content providers that are specifically blocking it. The device is capable of playing the content on those sites, but the companies are being complete assholes and not letting it.

10. kidzag

kidzag New Member

We should start a movement to boycott all of the content providers that are blocking it. They may not care but if enough people jump on the bus, we can make a difference.....besides those content providers that are blocking access are starting to see the writing on the wall.....they are quickly going the way of the dinosaur and will be extinct soon enough. There is no way they can lock down forever, this is the future of media and whether they like it or not they will have to go along with the rest of the world if they want to survive.......HEAR THIS LOUD AND CLEAR, CONTENT BLOCKING ASSHOLES......WE WILL PREVAIL !

11. superfo

superfo New Member

Less than 1% of people in the US that has Google TV box, do you think the content provider will care?

12. kidzag

kidzag New Member

Oh, you're probably right. We shouldn't make any waves and just go along like sheep. I'm going to go suck my thumb in the corner and play xbox and complain about my googletv.

13. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

This day and age, no one can afford to lose 1% of their market share....unless they're idiots. And we ARE talking the networks, here! LOL!