Quantcast

Google I/O 2012: 3 Lingering Questions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Jul 3, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Google I/O 2012: 3 lingering questions | Computerworld Blogs (click for full article)

"Google I/O 2012 has come and gone and left us with plenty of news to chew on. We've got the Nexus 7 tablet; that little thing called Android 4.1, Jelly Bean; and a home entertainment device known as the Nexus Q. For the world of Android, this was certainly no small event.

But for all its announcements, Google I/O left some important things unsaid. Here are three big questions that come to mind following this year's I/O convention:"

2. CatfishRivers

Google's grand Android plan: Finally, it all makes sense | Computerworld Blogs (click for full article)

From the article:

"Google is getting ready to expand its Nexus program, a report from The Wall Street Journal says, and will soon offer a "portfolio" of Nexus-like flagship devices. Instead of selecting a single manufacturer to make each Nexus model, as it's done in the past, El Goog will reportedly work with up to five different manufacturers in order to offer a wide selection of stock devices -- both phones and tablets.

But wait: There's more. According to the Journal, Google will sell all those Nexus devices directly to users through its new Google Play Device Store. It'll supposedly offer direct sales to users in the U.S., Europe, and Asia; it might even partner up with some retailers to expand the program.

This, my friends, is huge."

3. CatfishRivers

Well it sure would be nice if this "portfolio of Google Nexus devices" included a Nexus Google TV. I would personally prefer to see a Nexus GTV box instead of a full Nexus GTV television. But could Google pull it off without upsetting their hardware partners? Hmm.....