Quantcast

Google Chrome issues- Newbie needs advice please.

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Greenenergyassessors, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Greenenergyassessors

Greenenergyassessors New Member

Forgive me, first post and have just tried my GTV for the first time. Oh my goodness it's awesome but,

When I put a URL into Chrome in takes me to the Google listing of a particular webpage.

It takes me to the Google search page of that request . I hope I'm making sense so far. First post hence I cannot put examples to simplify my request.

There are I see some standard suggested webpages like wikipedia and a few others but when I try a football streaming site I can't get the webpage I'm looking for.

Please can someone point me in the right direction and tell what I'm doing wrong. Am I using the handset wrong, or are my setting wrong?

Who knows? I know someone from this clever community will. Thanks in advance.

2. guest

guest Active Member

What's the URL of your football streaming site?

Google search is pretty simple to use.

3. Greenenergyassessors

to 'Guest'

I am unable to say as this forum wont allow me to until I have posted 10 times. This is my 2nd. Only 8 to go.

4. guest

guest Active Member

Well, what is the name of the football streaming site? And you can just post the URL like this, with spaces: http:// www .google .com

5. Greenenergyassessors

http: // w w w . ls hunter .tv

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Greenenergyassessors

Sony NSZ-GS7, purchased from Amazon UK

8. guest

guest Active Member

Have you tried Gamblers Anonymous? Just joking. Go to the website, click on video, then click on "Watch Now" on the left-hand side of the screen. That will download an application (or you will have to click "download"). You're probably going to need to sideload the application. For that, go to All Apps (visible when you press the button on the keyboard with the shape of a house)/System Settings/Applications/ Check "Unknown Sources".

• Like Like x 2
  9. Greenenergyassessors

LOL!

I 'll try anything at the minute. I'll give it a go once I get the wife off the shopping channel, again.

10. Greenenergyassessors

CatfishRivers,

Thank you for the link.

Guest, Thank you for the wise words

11. CatfishRivers

Try rebooting your NSZ-GS7. Also try clearing your cookies and changing your Chrome user agent to "generic".

One last thing to try is going to settings and clear the data from the Chrome app and the search app. (if you clear all data from Chrome you will lose your bookmarks - so I recommend syncing your bookmarks to your Google Account - that way you can restore them automatically).

If none of this works - then IMO this is due to Google changing the way that Chrome handles certain web sites with the second generation GTV devices.

12. CatfishRivers

Are you able to go to LSHunter via the link that I posted?

13. Greenenergyassessors

Yes the website was shown.
    Unfortunately the page wouldn't allow me to open a video to watch a game though. Now I know how to add a bookmark, I may try different websites. Thanks a lot.

14. Greenenergyassessors

Catfish Rivers,

Thank you for the link for lshunter.com but I need iLivid as a Flash in order to watch a game. I don't know how to do this. Would you know of any other type of Flash as I cannot find one that is compatible with my Sony Google TV-NSZ-GS7.

Alternately are there any instructions available to mirror my windows 7 laptop onto my NS7-GS7?

I appreciate I've carried on the same thread but I'll start a new one if needed.

Thanks a lot.

15. CatfishRivers

The only Flash version that will work with GTV is the one that comes pre-installed in the GTV OS. This is because the special GTV Flash version is baked into the GTV OS - as such it can only be updated via an OS update.

Adobe would need to pass the update along to Google - then Google incorporates it into a GTV OS update - and passes the update along to GTV device manufacturers for them to incorporate it into their firmware - and then they roll out the update to consumers.

However IMO any further Flash updates for GTV devices seems unlikely at this juncture - as the Google TV development team has commented that they plan on deprecating Flash from GTV - and they weren't intending to update GTV to Flash 11. Google feels that in the future GTV will be better with Adobe Air apps and HTML5 for videos.

I noticed that on the LSHunter web site that for some of the games an option with links to regular Flash streams were given. The regular Flash stream links will work with GTV. If you click to go to full-screen mode that usually removes the pop-ups that block the screen.

The last few weeks I have been having success streaming NFL games with:

vipboxsports.eu / vipbox.tv Sport On Demand Live Sports Streams Online For Free

and here is another similar site (FirstRowSports):

FirstRow Live Football Stream | Watch Live Football Online | Live Soccer Stream

The trick to using these sites with GTV is to get the pop-ups that block the screen removed. It takes a bit of trial and error to get the hang of it. Sometimes when clicking the little "x" to remove the pop-up the screen jumps to another web site. If that happens hit the back key and try again.

As far as I know there is no true mirroring feature available for GTV yet. Miracast is not yet supported. As you probably know you can use something like Able Remote or a DLNA app like Plex to stream files from your laptop to your GTV - however this is not full mirroring. I have seen some devices on Amazon that sell for approx. $100 that claim to offer full mirroring - however I haven't tried them and can't comment on if they work well. Just try a search on Amazon if you want to try something like that.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Greenenergyassessors

Thank you so much for your prompt and highly informative answer!

This is why I use this instead of Google Groups. There are frustrations in using GTV at the minute but using this forum makes the process/end result so much easier.

Loads of information to digest above, so thanks a lot for the time in replying.

Chris