Quantcast

Google Calendar?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Instrumental, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Instrumental

Instrumental New Member

I pulled up my Google Calendar on my Sony Blu-Ray box, and it said it wasn't supported by my browser. Huh? How could Google's own browser not support it's calendar?

I did manage to use it, but it didn't show all the normal features.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yeah, different organizations within Google will will provide different levels of integration (or lack there of) with the Google TV group. It is just the way is (dis)organized.

3. drhill

drhill Member

Kind of sad they don't have a calendar widget for this. Of all their services that could be used in this environment, calendar seems the most obvious.

Now that I think of it the only Google service that is supported on this device is picasa (photos).

4. Instrumental

Instrumental New Member

I also find Maps to be rather frustrating at times. You can't really click and drag with the Sony remote, so getting around a map can be tedious.

We had friends over to plan a vacation route, and putting it on the big screen for everyone was great, but just took a while when we wanted to check out something I hadn't already set up.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That's because Sony botched the design of making a single button be the mouse click and the optical finger sensor. Had they used put a secondary/duplicate mouse-click where the Scroll or Zoom buttons are then it would be much easier.

6. generalrookie

generalrookie New Member

To click and drag anything (apps, icons, text, links, etc.), click both the scroll and zoom buttons while hovering over the item/text you want to drag. Then you will be able to use the track ball with your thumb to move. This is a great technique for Maps.

7. BLA

BLA New Member

Another reason I opted for the Revue. It not only has the clicker below the touch pad, but a duplicate that falls under your left thumb too, so you can point and click super easy.

8. Instrumental

Instrumental New Member

GeneralRookie, great tip. Just tried it, worked well. Thanks!