Quantcast

Google/Amdroid tv box download speed

Discussion in 'Google TV Hardware Discussion' started by Dax1, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Dax1

Dax1 New Member

Hello. I have a google/android tv box (Ram;2G-Rom;8G-Android;4.4.2-4core cpu-8core gpu) and I have it connected to the internet by wire. When I speed test the internet I get in the mid 20's mbps. But if I take the same ethernet cable and connect it to another device (computer or tv) i have speeds in the upper 70's. i have checked security settings, rebooted all devices. It just doesnt make sence that the same ethernet cable or router would be the slow down.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

This device isn't Google TV or the official Android TV, it is more properly called an Android mini PC in my opinion, although these unofficial devices go by many names. I have one, MBox S82B, AmLogic S802, Mali 450, 2GB RAM, 8GB storage and my internet speed results are also sub par compared to other devices on the same network. I am not aware of a fix, other than possibly running a different firmware version and even then the chances are slim you will attain faster speeds.

I would say your results are typical for a device of that type. The cause, maybe hardware, maybe drivers, who knows but the fix is elusive, try Freaktab.com for suggestions.