Quantcast

Go straight to TV

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by vivshank, Mar 15, 2011.

1. vivshank

vivshank New Member

hi -- does anybody know if there's a way for GoogleTV to go straight to the TV feed (from the comcast box) on boot up? this way i can continue to use my old logitech harmony. and not get the stink eye from the wife every time she wants to watch just regular tv. thanks!

2. galfert

galfert Active Member

I don't think it is possible to do what you are asking.

Google TV doesn't boot up. It is always on. So however you left it last is how you'll find it. Make a habit of pressing the TV feed button when you are done with Google TV so that your wife will always turn the TV on and find it all set to watch TV.

Unfortunately if you had a Logitech Revue rather than a Sony Google TV device you would have more options, being that you own a Harmony remote.

3. harley man

harley man New Member

maybe you could get a hdmi splitter put to google box other to tv nave gtv on input 1 and cable box on input 2 then just switch inputs

4. StevenB

StevenB New Member

I don't know which harmony remote you have, but for a long time, they have had a the ability to have a macro set. For instance, By pressing let's say... TV power on or the red button, you could have it turn on your TV, then switch it to TV input.

5. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

how would you more option using the Revue as opposed to the Sony?

6. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

Add the GTV to your Current Watch TV Activity
    Activities>Your TV Activity>Settings>Review Settings>Yes But I want more Control>Add the GTV>Save>next...until the custom actions Screen
    While you are on the custom Actions Screen add the Live TV command from the GTV

This irregardless of where you were last at on your GTV will bring you back to Live TV

if you haven't already done so you want to remove the STB Live TV Command from the Live TV button that way if you were paused it won't go to live TV just out of all the GTV Menus
    Application>Settings>Input Devices>Customize Controller>The on the Live TV button select to edit it then remove the STB command >then save

7. galfert

galfert Active Member

towboy123,

You asked how you would have more options with the Revue vs. the Sony. Well you just demonstrated that with you last post to this thread. The suggestion you put forth by adding Watch GTV to your activity list only works if you have a Revue. As the Sony GTV does not have IR and therefore lacks the Harmony integration that the Revue has.

8. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

Wow really Sony sold themselves short again only using bluetooth.

How dumb was that.

9. StevenB

StevenB New Member

Oh man.. I never realized that the remote was bluetooth.. It all makes sense!! I should've realized it since it acts like my bluetooth mouse! I really hate it.

10. h4hir

h4hir New Member

I have sony 32 GTV and have same problem. Boot directly in TV feed even i did not hook up with cable or dish...i have standalone GTV in my bedroom.I dont know what is the solution.

11. StevenB

StevenB New Member

For me, it does it occasionally, feels random...

12. blaws

blaws New Member

I had the same issue everyone. Sony support suggested this was because the TV was initially set up in "Demo" mode instead of "Home" mode when I first plugged it in and turned it on out of the box. I was convinced that was not the case, as I distinctly remember selecting "Home" mode. However, I went ahead and did a factory reset just to be sure, focused on making sure "Home" mode was selected during initial configuration, and the issue was completely resolved. I can now select what input I want as the default device in the settings menu "Video Input" > "Configured Devices" > ...pick your device... > "Make default TV device". The factory reset is done from the settings menu "About" > "Factory data reset". Hope this helps resolve your issues. :)