Quantcast

Go search tiwtter for #logitech revue

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Scuzzo, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

im not at all sure we will every see GTV2 not after that flaming.. man that was a monkey F-ing a football.. its his fault.. no its his..
    man.. i guess its time just to go with a htpc..

wrong search term.. try

logitech revue

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  2. superdave

superdave New Member

Couldn't find a flaming monkey there. But am very curious ! :confused:

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I believe he's talking about what Logitech Chairman and currently acting CEO, Guerrino De Luca, said during the Logitech Analyst & Investor Day (November 9, 2011 at 9:00 AM ET) webcast. There are plenty of articles circulating the web in regards; however, you really have to listen to it to fully appreciate it.

4. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

yea that the one. but he is really cutting ties with GTV.. and hes kinda throwing them under the bus by calling them out about market and trying to retail a beta..
    when those kinda stones are thrown.. there is not much make nice afterwards.. if GTV2 was ever on their list of things to get done... i have a feeling now.. there is enter office memos saying... "scuttle the ship" no more hours toward sw dev for revue.." it can happen that quick.. at least on projects i worked on.. if your business partner flames out like that... its just not a good thing for revue for owners.. for GTV.... its a bit ugly in the parting..

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I went to Twitter and searched "Logitech Revue". This was one article frequently mentioned on Twitter:

Logitech CEO: Google TV 'cost us dearly,' no Revue replacement coming | The Verge

I really didn't see any mention about people doubting that Logitech would put out the 3.1 update. Except one guy said he was tired of waiting and might take his Revue back if the update doesn't come soon.

I'd be extremely shocked if Logitech didn't follow through with the update. Their reputation would take a beating and they would probably get sued.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Here are some excerpts of the webcast transcripts.

7. icecream

icecream New Member

oh boy ! this is not good ...serenity now:mad: serenity now! I feel as if I was punched in the stomach... hopefully Logitech let us use their camera with the market apps as a parting gift :(

GOOGLE - if you want something done right you have to do it yourself, its time to utilize Motorola and make the friggin box the way you intended - Full Chrome with extension support with full market access and Android@Home framework support to be the one device to rule them all. Don't simply try to compete in this Living Room market anymore, it's time to disrupt the market as that is the only way to win - This is why Apple hasn't entered yet as they are strategizing ways to disrupt rather than compete.[h=4]
    [/h]

• Like Like x 2
  8. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Dang. A CEO should at least be able to communicate in english! :eek:

9. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

I'm sure logitech is commited to push to update, juste to make us shut our mouth , to avoid the return of unite sold in the last 3 months and to don't have to remove all the 3.1 Honeycomb stickers already on boxes.
    My only fear was the resources affected to the developpement of GTV at logitech, for harmony integration with android... They will probably try to retard the release untill they find another job and jump off the boat before they finish it... And in 1 month we will have a new leaked version with no harmony compatibility and no more security update and Bestbuy will start to sell the 2.1 box at 10$ for final sale with no return.

10. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

im trying to be an optimist, but it just seems like a bunch of mixed signals.. the CEO said some stuff that is not conducive of a positive relationship with his partner.. yes is all very diplomatic but to call out google tv like that.. that starts a feeding frenzy on all sorts of tech blogs and news under currents, forums.. the last tweet from logitech was nov 7.. then this stuff breaks.. now given what the CEO.. said..
    how much of a priority will the revue get? any one get the update email? weeks away, soon... they set their house on fire, dump product, how much of a push will logitech give towards the revue sw dev, update, revisions, testing.. on the face of it.. it seems not like such a harsh statement.. but news blogs will go for the buzz words.. its like a bad breakup... logitech decided to smash all google records.. and toss the tv out the top foor.. i hope im wrong... i like my revue.. its great.. but i dont see good things coming.. there is also rumor that GTV will get ice cream soon...

but its up for the maker of the device to develop final updates not google... so..

its best just to wait this one out.. im sure google will spin something in response.. but there is some huge negative momentum here...

jmho