Quantcast

Gmail in Basic HTML

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by guest, Sep 12, 2013.

1. guest

guest Active Member

Does anyone know if there is a way in Gmail, the basic HTML format, to do this: I am writing a draft. I've made many changes to it and spent hours working on it. When I make a change, there are two options side-by-side: Save Delete. These two options should not be placed side-by-side.

What I need to find out is if there is a setting within Gmail to present a "Dialog Box" pop-up whenever a user chooses Delete when composing a Draft. I've seen this option somewhere, where one clicks Delete and a pop-up comes on screen and asks "Do you really want to delete this?".

2. chopper

chopper Active Member

You can just back arrow your web browser after you delete an email end restore it or try going into deleted email and restore it. Not sure if this works for drafts but it sure works for emails you have read and deleted.

3. guest

guest Active Member

Thanks for the input, but it doesn't work with drafts. I wish that I were alert 100% of the time, but I'm not. More than once, I've spent considerable time drafting something, then hit delete accidentally. Yikes!

4. Timmy

Timmy New Member

How about use standard view gmail whare you can get a deleted draft back.???

5. guest

guest Active Member

If you're saying that this can be done, with certainty, then I'll check it out. But deleted drafts aren't put in the trash bin - at least with the HTML view. Where do you access a deleted draft in standard view?

(There's a problem right now with GTV and its ability to easily switch between the two views. Going to gmail on a PC, I believe, is the work-around.)

6. Timmy

Timmy New Member

Yes wit a PC you can switch from basic to standard view by clickin on "standard view"... an after you do this wit a PC... you can then switch back an forth wit you'r GS7-8... an also the Logitech Revue... i believe(?).!!!

In the standard view... if you accidently delete a draft... at the top of the page you can click on "restore draft" (or words to that effect which are highlighted in gold color) an get you'r draft back.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 2