Quantcast

gHome by TELTUB Marries Your Google Voice :Number with Your Home Phone

Discussion in 'More News from Your Google TV News Team' started by sparkyscott21, Mar 9, 2011.

1. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Wow, for just $5/mo TELTUB has a new VoIP service called gHome that can take your Google Voice phone number and make it so you can make and receive unlimited phone calls across the U.S. and Canada, all without a PC, using a standard home phone. The magic happens through TELTUB’s servers and the VoIP adapter — that either you or they can supply for $50 — that attaches your home phone to a broadband-connected router. The only caveat is that it does not support 911 calling like a traditional phone line and the “unlimited” calling is — I believe — subject to Google Voice’s terms. Word is Google Voice plans to charge users for minutes starting in 2012, though details have been murky thus far. Aside: I couldn’t find any info if gHome supports Caller ID on capable handsets. However, it looks like one can interact with TELTUB’s online interface while on a call to attach notes and share media with callers.

By Alexander Grundner
    March 9th, 2011 ​
    Source

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  2. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

I think you might save the $5.00 a month and go with this OBi110 ATA. <a href=&quot;http://voxilla.com/2011/01/24/how-to-use-google-voice-and-obi-for-all-your-calls-free-2512Even&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;>http://voxilla.com/2011/01/24/how-to-use-google-voice-and-obi-for-all-your-calls-free-2512 Even if they offer something for that $5.00, you're obligated to pay that amount every month. I prefer pay-as-you-go plans. With those types of plans, you put $5.00 into your account and you don't need to &quot;use it or lose it&quot;.

3. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

I'd like to edit my previous post, but don't know how to correct the error that occurred. I tried to post with some words in quotation marks and a URL. The result is not what I intended.