Quantcast

Get An Android PC On A Stick For $74

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, May 19, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Get an Android PC on a stick for $74 (click for full article)

"While a proper Android-based computer has yet to form in a practical way, this new option is a viable alternative for its price. It's the $74 MK802 stick from retailer All Express. The device comes with Android 4.0, apparently, and while the listing's title mentions "Google TV," we can't seem to figure out whether or not that's the Google TV we all know and love or just an SEO trick.

The device is equipped with hardware that can be found inside a mid-range phone. It's sporting a 1GHz Cortex-A8 processor, 512MB o RAM, 4GB of internal storage, 1080p playback capabilities and more. If the 4GB of storage is a little on the low side, fret not: a microSD card slot is available for expanding storage up to 32GB.

WiFi is included for downloading apps and browsing the web, and it all hooks up to your monitor or TV using an HDMI port (cable not included). It's an interesting device for $74. If the development community gets their hands on it this could become an inexpensive, yet functional Google TV module. I wouldn't fully bet on that, of course, but it's possible. Find it at All Express. "

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  2. CatfishRivers

Well I went to the Ali Express web site and it says the android PC on a stick is no longer available. The retailer is a Chinese company so this product is definitely not the real Google TV. I noticed they have quite a few android TV boxes for sale - including some that run android 4.0. Sounds kind of interesting - but I'm inclined to wait until an official GTV box is available (from within the USA).

Wholesale New released!! Android4.0 IPTV ,google tv,smart android box,allwinner A10(Model#MK802)

Update: OK I scrolled further down their web page - and they plan on getting it back in stock around June 10th.

"Dear all:Thanks for your support,our stock has been sold out these days.
    If you like our goods,pls pre-order first and don't pay,new batch will be released around June 10th.
    All orders which has paid will be shipped next Friday.From now on,we just get pre-order,pls understand.
    Thanks,everybody~"

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  3. CatfishRivers

$74 Android PC on a Stick Sells Out, Stock to Return in June - HotHardware (click for full article)

"Ultra low cost PCs are all the rage these days, from the $25 Raspberry Pi to a $74 Android 4.0 USB/HDMI thumb drive based on AllWinner's A10 design. The latter was recently made available to purchase from an overseas vendor, and unsurprisingly, stock quickly sold out. Shipments to those who managed to place an order will go out on Friday; everyone else will have to wait until June 10, which is when a new batch is expected to be available.

So, what exactly is this thing? This nifty device is about the size of a standard thumb drive and, as mentioned above, boasts both USB and HDMI ports. It sports an AllWinner A10 processor clocked at 1.5GHz with a Mali 400 GPU (based on ARM's Cortex A8 SoC), 512MB of RAM, 4GB of flash storage, a microSD card slot, 802.11b/g Wi-Fi connectivity, and Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).

Ali Express, the vendor selling the stick (model MK802), claims it's the "smallest volume Google TV player" around. Towards that end, just plug in the power supply, sync up a wireless keyboard and mouse, and use the HDMI port to connect to your swank HDTV and what you end up with is a highly portable Google TV device that allows you to install apps from Google Play."

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  4. Alax.L

Alax.L New Member

lol____ i buy android google PC On A Stick For $78.99
    higher price then yours .. but mine is bought from ETV , MK908 quad core and ram 2gb rk3188
    :p
    quad core time coming, i recommend u take a replacement :)