Quantcast

Gaming input lag - Help

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by Disintegration, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Disintegration

Disintegration New Member

Just got my Google TV a few days ago and I'm enjoying it. I think it has immense potential. Just having a bit of a nit with gaming:

After turning the picture mode to Custom and trying to turn off all extra processing, then labeling the component input to Game or PC, I still find the amount of input lag from the game controller unbearable in Halo:Reach. I'm coming from an old 25" CRT standard def television, where the input lag is imperceptible, using just the standard yellow plug for video.

I'm using the RGB HD component cable to hook up to the Google TV. When I called Sony, they told me to switch to HDMI. But, my Xbox 360 is older and doesn't have an HDMI connection. I'd feel dumb if I went out and bought a new Xbox with HDMI and the input lag problem remained. Does anybody have any experience or guidance on this to make the lag less noticeable?

Thanks.

2. ImProblyTheBest

ImProblyTheBest New Member

I have the same exact problem. I have used both hdmi and component and the lag is the same. I have also went through all of the picture setting and turned off all the extra image processing that I could, and it was no help. I dont know what to do- if this doesnt get fixed the tv will have to go. Let me know if you find a solution