Quantcast

Game Controllers with the Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) Update

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by eferz, Nov 7, 2011.

1. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

According to the 2011 Google I/O Developers Game Controller Compatibility this was tentively to be included with the Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) update. So the other day, I played with a Guitar Hero and an wired XBox 360 controller with the Sony Internet TV that has been upgraded to Android 3.1 (Honeycomb).

It does work to a certain degree. For example, I'm able to move the focus aroun with both the D-Pad and the Left Analog stick, the X and Y buttons reflect a selection while A and B buttons backed out. The Xbox button opened up the GTV Menu while the the Start Button opened up GTV Home. However, not all buttons were responsive in every app.

Looks like they have at least partial compatibility built into the Honeycomb update for some game controllers. However, I don't have any games to fully pan out its compatibility.

2. futuregerald

futuregerald New Member

Have you tried sideloading any emulators?

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

No, emulation of another system would require the NDK code to translate the assembly between platforms. The current emulators on Android run on ARM based phones an tablets. Therefore, I highly doubt that it any of them will run on the x86 Google TV.