Quantcast

Gallery App

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Pat, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Pat

Pat New Member

Is there any way to view all the albums in a slideshow? The app seems to only allow the slideshow in individual albums.

2. jawortham

jawortham New Member

Ditto, I agree. The purpose of a slideshow is a background serendipity service. Let me accidentally stumble upon various pieces of nostalgia.

The GoogleTV Gallery (also Picasa) slideshow is missing key features which makes it not very useful as a background slideshow (imagine like a picture frame function):

1) Needs to process more than one folder. Preferably selectable folder set. Some folders only have 5 or 10 photos, which is a silly 2 minute slideshow.
    2) Randomize photos. Don't just show in a basic sequence. It's especially annoying since sometimes similar photos are taken multiple times, and then displayed in redundant series.
    3) Use the wide screen. If a photo doesn't fit well on the screen, slowly drift-animate across the screen.

3. harley man

harley man New Member

welcome jawortham i like your thoughts on the gallery stuff

4. greener

greener New Member

Another big feature missing from the Gallery app is the ability to view albums that have been shared with you (or I just can't find it). cheers! rg