Quantcast

G7/G8 Devices Owners "PlayPoint Apk DLNA Media Player" (Upscale Codec Packed)

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by Wisdom, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

WELCOME TESTERS FROM THE PULSE, QUBE AND Netgear NeoTV FORUMS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above video clips were played on the Vizio Co-Star via the on board PlayPoint DLNA Media Player, which also has been confirmed to work on Sony's G7 ....!

Here is a link to the
    PlayPoint.apk extracted from the Vizio Co-Star, the NEW v5.3.0 PlayPoint DLNA Media Player is with enhanced (Upscale Codec Packed) ....

*Amazon Video app
    ATVAndroidGTVClient.apk (Side Loading Required) ...

*OnLive Gaming app
    OnLive.apk (Side Loading Required) ...

*M-Go (HD) Movies app
    Mgo.apk (Side Loading Required) ...

If you are not a Co-Star owner, and have another Google TV device G7, Pulse, Cube ...ect, please test these apps on your GTV device via (Side Loading) ... Let us know if it works on your GTV device, thanks in advance ...!

The above PlayPoint.apk was extracted from the new Vizio Co-Star v5.3.0 Google TV 3 OS via the Secret Co-Star App Extraction Tool (Not A Product Of GTVHachers) ....

PLEASE NOTE: Please Do Not Ask About Vizio Co-Star "ROOT" or The Secret Co-Star App Extraction Tool ....

My friends (Not Trying To Be Rude) if I tell all the secrets about the Vizio Co-Star to everybody Vizio Corp will close all the holes in their current v5.3.0 OS tomorrow ...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Testers, Please post your results ASAP, thanks in advance ....!

3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

REAL DEAL

< ?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    < manifest android:versionCode="10" android:versionName="1.2.4 P" package="com.pv.googletv_vzo"
    xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <application android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar" android:label="@string/app_name" android:icon="@drawable/launcher_icon" android:name=".GtvApplication" android:debuggable="false" android:logo="@drawable/twonky_logo">
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Holo.NoActionBar" android:label="@string/app_name" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.SplashScreen" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
    <intent-filter>

4. saeba

saeba Active Member

Just curious... why would we want this? What capabilities would it provide that we don't have in other apps? Thanks!

Update: It does work on my Sony GS7.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

First of all, thanks a ton and a truck load for testing the Vizio Co-Star's On Board Media Player PlayPoint DLNA ... PlayPoint may give you other advantages that I'm currently not aware of on your G7/G8 GTV devices ...

PlayPoint Works very well with the Serviio Sever with a wide range of codecs ... Plus PlayPiont plays Mkv, Avi, Mpeg2 files very well also and music files ... I just had a feeling that it would work on other Google TV devices after decompiling the PlayPoint apk files, again Saeba, thanks a million ...

6. theslydog

theslydog New Member

Fantastic work. Working a treat here streaming from a NAS to a NSZ-GS7. :)

Edit: It crashed quite a bit. "Sorry there was a problem playing this media" after about 10 or so minutes. Also the FF REW does not work for me.
    No problem with MP4 only MKV. Will try another streaming source to see if that makes any dif.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

8. saeba

saeba Active Member

*OnLive Gaming app OnLive.apk (Side Loading Required) ...

does not work on my Sony GS7. I get to the agreement notice and click "I agree" and then it seems to exit and go back to the homescreen.

*M-Go (HD) Movies app Mgo.apk (Side Loading Required) ...

don't need this on the Sony GS7 as I already have this app... don't remember if it came on it or I downloaded it from Play. After the initial discounted movie period ended on my account, I haven't used it as I prefer the quality of Vudu.

9. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Thanks again Saeba for the new test today, now we have a good ideal of what works and what doesn't work ... Anyway the main test was the PlayPoint DLNA Media Player, which several people on other forums ran different types of test with the Sony's N7 connected to (Storage Devices) with great success, again thanks a million ...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  10. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Btw, Edit/update ... here ...

& here

11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Dude we are only doing test, stop trying to undermine this thread ...(lol)

The main test was the PlayPoint DLNA Media Player, which several people on other forums ran different types of test with the Sony's N7 connected to (Storage Devices) with great success, again thanks a million ...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  12. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Jealousy is as binding as the gave ...

I don't go in your threads and do this kind of mess, go post in your own threads dude ...!(lol)

Ok, you are mad, because you CANNOT pull apps off of Sony's G7, you don't have the know how (TECHNOLOGY) ...(lol)

13. mjeshurun

mjeshurun New Member

Installed successfully on GS7 running REL10, but can't seem to play any videos through Plex Server.

14. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Thanks very much for joining the testing group, now concerning your finding ....

It's known fact, even on the Vizio Co-Star, the Plex Server will not work with PlayPoint DLNA Media Player ... Now on the other hand PlayPoint DLNA Media Player works like a charm with the new Serviio Server Console, which is far superior to the Plex Server and will work with just about all external (Storage Device) .... Actually I only use Serviio Serviio Console and the Plex Server to me they are the best ..

• Like Like x 2
  15. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

WELCOME TESTERS FROM THE PULSE, QUBE AND Netgear NeoTV FORUMS

First Of All Knowledge Is Power, Whatever The Mind Can Conceive and Believe It Can Achieve

When I decompiled the PlayPoint DLNA Media Player and ran a analysis of the files, my first thought, this app can work on Sony's G7, which it can..... ChrisG8, either you have no knowledge of (Side Loading) apps to GTV devices or you are just plain ignorant of the process, because, it's so easy a caveman can do it ... I see a lot of people who wants to speake on things they don'y have knowledge of at all ...

[​IMG]
    Originally Posted by mjeshurun[​IMG]
    Installed successfully on GS7 running REL10, but can't seem to play any videos through Plex Server.

Wisdom said:

Thanks very much for joining the testing group, now concerning your finding ....

It's known fact, even on the Vizio Co-Star, the Plex Server will not work with PlayPoint DLNA Media Player ... Now on the other hand PlayPoint DLNA Media Player works like a charm with the new Serviio Server Console, which is far superior to the Plex Server and will work with just about all external (Storage Device) ....

Adding the Serviio Console Server to Sony's G7 with the PlayPoint DLNA Media Player On board will give Sony's G7 another upscale enhancement feature ...

Actually I only use Serviio Server Console and the Plex Server to me they are the best ..

< ?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    < manifest android:versionCode="10" android:versionName="1.2.4 P" package="com.pv.googletv_vzo"
    xmlns:android="
    http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <application android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar" android:label="@string/app_name" android:icon="@drawable/launcher_icon" android:name=".GtvApplication" android:debuggable="false" android:logo="@drawable/twonky_logo">
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Holo.NoActionBar" android:label="@string/app_name" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.SplashScreen" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Holo.NoActionBar" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.GtvMainActivity" android:screenOrientation="landscape" />
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.AudioDmrActivity " android:launchMode="singleTop" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.AUDIO_DMR_ACTIVI TY" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
    </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.PhotoDmrActivity " android:screenOrientation="landscape" />
    <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:name=".VideoDmrActivity" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.VIDEO_ACTIVITY" />
    </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <service android:name=".GtvService" />
    <service android:name="com.pv.tmslib.TwonkyMobileService" android:process="com.pv.tmslib.TwonkyMobileService">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_GETURL_TMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_START_TMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_RESTART_TMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_STOP_TMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_WIFI_CHANGE" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_MEDIA_CHANGE" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_SET_PARAMS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_EDIT_SETTINGS" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_SHARE_SETTINGS_AVAILABLE" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_SHARE_SETTINGS_ERROR" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_SHARE_SETTINGS_CANCELED" />
    </intent-filter>
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="com.pv.googletv_vzo.ServiceActions.A CTION_SCAN_STATUS" />
    </intent-filter>
    </service>
    <receiver android:name=".GtvBootUpReceiver" android:permission="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLET ED" android:enabled="true">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED " />
    <action android:name="com.marvell.AppKiller.RESUME_COMPLET ED" />
    </intent-filter>
    </receiver>
    <receiver android:name=".GtvUSBStatusChangeReceiver" android:enabled="true">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MEDIA_MOUNTED" />
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MEDIA_UNMOUNTE D" />
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MEDIA_EJECT" />
    <data android:scheme="file" />
    </intent-filter>
    </receiver>
    </application>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SET_ORIENTATION" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_ST ATE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE " />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE " />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_MULTI CAST_STATE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_ST ORAGE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMP LETED" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETT INGS" />
    < /manifest>

16. dragongod761

dragongod761 New Member

I want to ask a favor.
    Can some one upload YouTube for google tv 1.7.1 for me?

17. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

18. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

19. mjeshurun

mjeshurun New Member

What kind of video codecs does Serviio support? It plays some of my movies, but it seems to have problems with MKV files.
    I understand I need to use a transcoder profile, but I'm a noob and I'm not sure what to do.
    Would appreciate some help....

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  20. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See in the above top photo, I'm playing a Mkv file without issues ... Most likely your Mkv files has DTS audio, your N7 cannot handle DTS audio, that could be one of the reason why your Mkv files are not playing ...(Convert DTS audio via Popcorn Audio Converter)

My advice, go over to the Serviio Forum post you questions on transcoding there, but the transcoding settings on the Serviio Server Console ... Again I prefer you go over to the Serviio Forum all the info on transcoding Serviio ? Index page ....

• Like Like x 2