Quantcast

G2 + JB + DTS = Broken

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by Djinn5150, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

Ok so I got the update in the tail end of last year, everthing went pretty smooth. I have noticed some of the issues others have, no flash etc etc. I will say I don't like the requirement to have the TV speaker "off" to power on/off the avr, anyway. I went to watch a movie on Plex today before the update DTS audio tracks would play just fine...now if the audio track is DTS and DTS is enabled in Plex when I go to play it just sits there loading. Tried loading something up in avia and got pretty much the same result. Is anyone else experiencing this? I was thinking of a factory reset just to check but didn't want to reset up all my netflix etc accounts just to find out its a known issue.
    thanks in advance.

2. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

maybe the new update has different licensing than that of the previous version.

3. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

Its possible but oddly enough I tried again in avia and it played and passed thru the dts just fine...looks more like its a Plex thing, guess I will hit the forums over there.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

You don't have to license DTS by firmware, it is licensed by device so assuming it was properly licensed with the previous operating system, breaking it this time is either an error or it is incompatible for some reason. I suspect an inadvertent error is the cause and reporting to LG might result in a fix as soon as possible. Since as far as I know there are no legal DTS digital downloads for sale yet in the US, it is probably not something that was checked during beta testing. It isn't impossible that handling DTS was improper with the previous operating system and LG could have received a demand from DTS to pay or disable DTS processing, I doubt that very seriously as LG would never do that deliberately but mistakes happen and the hardware is certainly capable of DTS processing, only licensing fees prevents it with Google TV.

5. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

Yeah it's definitely a plex issue...other players are working just fine now not sure what happened with a via the first time. Maybe I'll try serenity and see what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk