Quantcast

G-Box Midnight MX2 TV Dual-Core TV Box Is Made for Android, XBMC

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, May 5, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Kudos to Brad for taking the time to put together this detailed review. He even makes a few comparisons to Google TV in the review:

G-Box Midnight MX2 TV dual-core TV box is made for Android, XBMC - Liliputing (click for full review)

by Brad Linder - May 5, 2013

"There are plenty of Android-powered TV boxes designed to let you run apps, surf the web, and even run the XBMC media center software on your TV. But the G-Box Midnight MX2 is one of the few that's really designed with XBMC in mind.

Matricom's latest TV box comes with a custom version of XBMC preloaded. Not only does it support hardware-accelerated video playback for a wide range of video formats, but it's also configured to make installing add-ons for Hulu, Amazon, and other internet media sites as easy as possible.

The G-Box Midnight MX2 also has more ports than most Android TV boxes, comes with a wireless remote control, features access to the Google Play Store, and comes pre-rooted, which lets you install apps that require root access.

The media box still has a few quirks that take some getting used to, but if you're looking for an inexpensive device that lets you run XBMC on your TV, the G-Box Midnight MX2 is one of the best options around.

It's available from Amazon for $100."

Last edited: May 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. CatfishRivers

Here are some more user reviews for the G-Box Midnight MX2 TV set-top box from Amazon customer reviews:

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: G-Box Midnight MX2 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Dual Core XBMC Streaming Mini HTPC TV Box Player

I like the fact that it will have automatic over-the-air updates (because I don't have a computer). I also like that it has 4 USB ports and ethernet port. The only thing is I wish it came with 2GB of RAM. Also as the review mentioned it doesn't currently work with Amazon videos because of Amazon's DRM.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  3. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

Use the following Promotional Code on Amazon to get $20 off the price -> 9BVTY875

4. bandit

bandit New Member

New to the forum and just installed a g-box mx2. It came with xbmc pre installed and all repos say "enabled". However there are no video add ons there. Any help will be appreciated.

5. ponghclub

ponghclub Member

l bought gbox midnight sometimes ago and it's very disappointed so i return it and try not to look back. Now someone pick it up i just wonder how good they are with the new XBMC hub wizard edition . The reason I bought then because i'm fan of XBMC. I try unsuccessfully to install xbmchub to my android tablets accept Nook hd+ it work wonderful so far.... :)

send from my b&n nook hd+

6. CatfishRivers

Matricom G-Box Midnight MX2 Review ? XMBC Set-Top Box (click for full review)

by David Eitelbach - July 10, 2014

-- The G-Box Midnight MX2 from Matricom is one of the only home theater PCs that's powered by Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and features a native XBMC app. This unique combination offers users the flexibility of a fully fledged Android device with a living room experience of XBMC, an open-source media player that allows users to view most videos from the Internet as well as files from an external hard drive. Be warned, however, that the MX2 bears little resemblance to user-friendly set-top boxes like the Roku, Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV, and is likely to confuse and frustrate XBMC novices.

See more at: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/g-box-midnight-mx2-xmbc,review-2248.html

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014