Quantcast

Full Screen Issues on Youtube Using the Revue

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Pailhead, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Pailhead

Pailhead New Member

I haven't used youtube (actual site or the app) in about a week. Today I'm noticing I can't play anything full screen without many pauses in playback. This means everything within the youtube app and anything I play through the actual site using the Chrome browser after attempting to go full screen. However, if I access youtube through Chrome and choose any video without ever trying to go full screen, it plays through without any hiccups. Videos simply will not load fast enough to play continuously once I try to go full screen. I'm currently running download speeds in the area of 10Mbps. Is there any reason why this is happening? Is anyone else experiencing this?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I just tried several videos in full screen mode on YouTube with Chrome and they all played fine. My download speed is only 1.5 mbps. I'm on the Revue with ethernet connection.. I suggest rebooting by pressing Alt + Ctrl + DEL and see if that helps.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  3. Pailhead

Pailhead New Member

I tried that before posting with no luck. I keep trying different videos on youtube. Some videos work better than others, but not a single one will play completely without pauses while in full screen. No issues if I don't go full screen. I've tried several other full screen video options on other sites without any problems.

4. CatfishRivers

Do you have wireless internet with a router? I have a wired ethernet connection.

Something you might want to give a try is the YouTube feather beta. It's a low latency version of YouTube so it might help your problem. Here's the link:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

5. Pailhead

Pailhead New Member

I'm wired directly to my router. I just tried the feather beta version and it didn't make a difference.

6. CatfishRivers

Can you post a link for a YouTube video that is specifically giving you a problem in full sreen mode - and then I'll try it on my Revue and report my findings here.

This way we can determine if there is a problem with the YouTube site itself (on specific videos) - or if something else is going on here.

Do you have this problem even if you play the video in 360P resolution? Or does the problem only occur in HD mode of 720P?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwise my guess would be that there is something going on between your Revue and router that is causing the problem. But this is really beyond my area of expertise. As a troubleshooting step I would suggest - try bypassing your router and connecting your Revue directly to a modem and see if that fixes it. Hopefully efferz will chime in and be able to help you.

7. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

YouTube App works great, so fare (in full screen). So, if you had no issues with the App a week before (in full screen) - try this,

· YouTube App - Clear data / Force exit > Reboot Revue.
    · YouTube App - Uninstall App > Reboot Revue > Reinstall App.
    see how > click here

· Chrome - Clear all data. (even if its an App issue).
    · Chrome - Delete "all sites" stored in "Adobe Flash Storage Settings". (even if its an App issue).
    Go to Chrome >press [Option] key > Settings > Advance settings > select "under the Hood " > "Adobe Flash Storage" > "delete all sites" > Reboot Revue

· Logout of "Google account" > removed "Google account" > re-added it > Reboot Revue. (from "Settings" > "Account & sync" > "Manage accounts").
    · Reset Modem/Router - click here
    · Change DNS - click here

·
    If not, reset revue - click here

Good Luck

8. Pailhead

Pailhead New Member

I was only checking HD videos when the problem was happening and I hadn't tried downgrading the resolution. After going to get the link for the video that was the worst, it instantly started pausing badly in 720p. When I downgraded to 360p resolution, the progress bar loaded right through in no time. When I improved the resolution back to 720p, it downloaded fast enough that the player never caught up to the download progress bar. I just played it through the app as well. I don't know what the deal was, but adjusting the resolution down and then back up seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!

9. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

You could also hit "Pause" & let it buffer for a while.