Quantcast

Frustrated Owner...Digital antenna does not bring in channels.

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by summerj, Nov 7, 2012.

1. summerj

summerj New Member

Hello all. I am new to the forum. I have owned my sony google tv for about 12 months now.. Up until now I have only used it for streaming netflix. I recently purchased an outside amplified antenna. I installed it and get 0 local channels. I have an older HD indoor amplified antenna, I tried installing it too and still get 0 channels. I must be doing something wrong? With my other 12 yr old T.V- I was able to get several local channels with the same indoor antenna, in the same location.

Should the tv have to "scan" before it picks up any new channels? I have not seen the google tv go into "scan" mode.

2. Gaberlunzi

Gaberlunzi New Member

Yes. I don't have the Sony, but I think that is how all DTVs work. Tell it to scan for channels.

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Your old 12 year tv did not use a digital tuner - With a digital tuner you need to always scan for new channels the first time you hook up an antenna.

To do this press FN+1 to get in to your settings , Choose "Video Input", "Built in Tuner Settings" and finally "Channels" - Make sure cable/antenna is set to antenna then choose "Auto Program"

• Like Like x 2