Quantcast

Free Major American TV Channels that work with Google TV...

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by americangoogletv, Nov 4, 2010.

1. antgod

antgod New Member

metafeeds.com will work with gtv? If so sounds good ,thanks.

2. americangoogletv

americangoogletv New Member

We are not reinventing a wheel, we take what exists and make it more useful for Google TV.

3. americangoogletv

NEW VERSION OF WWW.TVLINER.COM IS UP AND RUNNING. We optimized the bottom menu for use with D-Pad. Since the site is made out of two frames and top frame requires the use of the mouse for the navigation, every 30 seconds focus jumps back to the bottom main-channel-menu for users to have it ready for use with arrows. We also added a lot of randomly populated buttons at the left top linked directly to the page with the broadcast of the selected shows. At the top right we added feeds from Tweets of TV networks and celebrities such as Paris Hilton or Tom Cruise and even Diddy. Static Featured Presentation banner is reserved for something special such as a movie or a greeting for example. It's all yours, free, enjoy...

4. antgod

antgod New Member

The site only uses half my tv screen, but it has promise, I only mention to be helpful not to be a downer.

5. americangoogletv

Is your User Agent in Settings set to DEFAULT or you modified it? If you have modified your User Agent, then Google TV will open the site that's designed for the browsers on the computer, that one is sized differently and did appear squashed at the top half of the screen. To fix this, please set your User Agent back to default in settings. I attached an image of how it should look with user agent set to default.

:) Sure, if you didn't modify your User Agent, please let me know and I will look into it. Thank you so much for help with testing. Since this product is not made by a huge team of people hired by big company, but rather by techies at home, all help is very very important. Thank you so much!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  6. antgod

antgod New Member

Okay, that fixed it. Thanks, site looks good.

7. americangoogletv

Enjoy! Thank you so much for a feedback! There are couple of bugs. I'll fix them in a bit. :)

8. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

30 Sites to Watch Free TV Online

Did you know that you can watch watch free TV online? Here are over 30 sites where you can watch free TV online, including news broadcasts, sports events, and thousands of your favorite TV shows - all for free. Need more free TV? Try Free TV Shows on the Web: Nine Sites Where You Can Watch Free TV Shows.
    LinkTV:Global news, documentaries, TV shows, and movies.
    YouTube: YouTube is a great way to catch up on TV shows that you might've missed or find obscure clips and outtakes from your favorites.
    CurrentTV: not a traditional TV network; this is mostly user-created and submitted free online TV.
    Angry Alien Productions: silly, crazy bunnies re-enact movies and TV shows.
    PBS: PBS features many of their programs online in a free streaming format; just use this Google query: site:PBS: Public Broadcasting Service pbs watch online, and you should be able to find quite a few.
    ABC TV: download and watch free Web TV at Abc.com.
    ChannelChooser: ChannelChooser is a good place to find many different free web TV channels, all streaming.
    BBC:the BBC's most popular stories; not all the top stories are linked to video, but quite a few are.
    wwITv.com: You can find free web TV channels from all over the world here; a great selection.
    StewieLive: Not quite free web TV, but close - you can make Stewie from Family Guy do (almost) anything you want.
    Democracy Internet TV: Over 600 different free web TV channels are available here at the Democracy Internet TV platform.
    Veoh.comp: Watch all kinds of free web TV and more videos at Veoh.com.
    Jeff's Guide to "TV Shows Only Available on the Internet": This free web TV fan has put together a great list of all the shows he could find that are ONLY available on the Web - you'd be surprised.
    Blip.tv: Watch the most popular TV shows over at Blip.tv; lots of free web TV here.
    Yahoo TV: Yahoo TV is still really getting going, but you can find a lot of good stuff here, especially trailers and pilots from upcoming TV shows.
    TV.com: Not necessarily complete TV shows, but this is a great place to get previews and snippets.
    AOL in2tv: AOL's in2tv is one of the best places on the Web to find classic TV shows.
    Vanderbilt Television Archive: What a treasure: "The collection holds more than 30,000 individual network evening news broadcasts from the major U.S. national broadcast networks: ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN, and more than 9,000 hours of special news-related programming including ABC's Nightline since 1989."
    BBC: The BBC has generously placed its news programs online in a free, streaming format.
    Newsfilm Library: From the University of South Carolina; this collection hosts a part of the Fox MovieTone collection.
    Choose and Watch: Choose and Watch is a free web TV site with literally hundreds of channels to choose from.
    BaseballRace.com:Watch live streaming MLB baseball pennant games and more.
    Live Online TV: Live Online TV is a good site with many free channel offerings to choose from.
    Zap2it.com: You can watch all sorts of free web TV at Zap2it, also includes news and reviews.
    Streamick: Streamick has many, many free web TV channels to choose from, but I especially appreciate that it's so nicely organized into categories.
    TVLand: Watch old and new TV shows here at TVLand; I got sucked into an old episode of Little House on the Prairie.
    NASA TV: Instantly get space updates and news from NASA's free web TV channel.
    SingingFish: SingingFish is a good place to find all kinds of multimedia. Make sure you take advantage of the advanced search filters.
    FoodNetwork: Don't have cable, but you need that recipe? No problem - you can watch free web TV demonstrations.
    Google Video: Google Video is a good place to find free web TV, however, many of the shows are pay-per-view (you can just go over to YouTube and find them there!).
    BeelineTV: Free web TV channels from all around the world.
    Yahoo Video Search: Yahoo Video Search is a good place to find music videos, TV show snippets, and more.
    RadioFreeWorld: Find free web TV here, as well as free online radio stations.
    Watch Free TV Online - 30 Sites to Watch Free TV and Movies Online

9. americangoogletv

Just went through many of the listed above sites. Most of them do not broadcast in Flash. Unfortunately Google TV doesn't support Windows Media and Quicktime players. I loved the collection on Yahoo's TV page, but it's all from HULU and HULU blocked Google TV, so that won't work either. I'll try to get better quality broadcasts that work on google tv and will add them to TVLiner.

Thank you.

10. sparkyscott21

It's funny you mentioned that.
    I picked a few randomly, and they seemed to work.I guess I should have tried all of therm before I put that list up..

11. americangoogletv

Finally I'm done with the site that I hope will be a good candidate to Google TV Spotlight. I am however looking for content, not just any content. I have paired up with three other talents who are filming two shows for the channel presently and one more on the way. And they will continue to work with EntBay in the future. I'm planning to start filming live performances of unknown Bay Area artists as well. If you are interested and have some examples to take a look at, please contact us using the contact form on EntBay.com.

In any case the site is:
    EntBay.com - web version
    tv.EntBay.com - Google TV version

Enjoy everybody!

12. sparkyscott21

Realtvfan.org

It shows a tremendous amount of reality tv from around the world..
    Trust me, is is LOT
    If your in to reality shows, this is it.....
    Apprentice uk, nz. irrland, here.. Bigest loser as well..
    Bog brother is a LOT bigger hit in other countries as well...
    To name just a few...
    Take your time and look and=round thru the site, and you will se what I'm talking about...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  13. sparkyscott21

14. sparkyscott21

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  15. sparkyscott21

16. sparkyscott21

17. sparkyscott21