Quantcast

Force Close on setup

Discussion in 'Hisense Pulse' started by respibob, Jan 10, 2013.

1. respibob

respibob New Member

I got my Pulse just about an hour ago. Setup was going fine until I got to setting up my cable provider. I use a Tivo Premiere with a cable card. My TiVo is model TCD746320. The Pulse finds this and I can change channels without problem. Then when it goes to the next step to find my Provider it says : Unable to search for a provider for your Zip code. Make sure that you have a network connection. Well, I have a network connection, so I hit ok. Then it says "Sorry! The application One Way Controller (process com.google.tv.onewaycontrol) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". I have tried about 10 times so far with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Travel

Travel Active Member

Try entering the zip code of the city/town where your cable provider headquarters is located. I have Fios, and on a Revue "set-up" from a factory reset, the "provider prompt" that I check-off is FiOS, but it's labeled as in a different town than my own. Say, for example, I'm located in Metropolis, but the correct prompt-choice is "Gotham-Fios."

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Setting up my NSZ-GS7, I had to use a zip code close by, I changed the last digit to 1 from 2.

4. everfall

everfall New Member

I ran into this same exact issue with the "application One Way Controller" error. No matter how many times I tried, I kept getting this error when trying to enter my TV model. I got pissed, turned the TV off, and left to do something else for an hour. Came back, turned the TV back on, and was able to finish setup without any further errors. I then received the OTA, which I hoped would fix it, but I am now getting that same error constantly. I'll just be watching live TV and it will pop up with this error. Reboots don't help. Are we the only 2 people using this thing that have run into this error? Anyone else? This is making the device literally worthless and if I don't find a fix it's going to go back to Amazon.

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try entering the zip code where your TV provider's main office is located (instead of your home zip code).

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  6. everfall

everfall New Member

The error has nothing to do with finding your provider. I'm past that point and have pretty much everything set up and working. The problem is that the error message comes up all the time (like when simply pressing the "Live TV" button on the remote). Or when just sitting there watching TV.

7. CatfishRivers

Have you tried a factory reset?

8. everfall

everfall New Member

This error started right out of the box during the initial setup and hasn't gone away since. I was starting from the factory image!

9. hififloyd

hififloyd New Member

Last night my Pulse went blank screen and showed same error. Seems good so far today. How do you do a factory reset?

10. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

I believe you can either unplug unit for at least 10 seconds or thru MENU>SYSTEM> 5th down on list or last one on list...

I don't own one, but, I believe that is the 2 ways to do it...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong..

11. CatfishRivers

To Perform a Factory-Reset,
    Go to Settings - select Privacy & Safety - Select Factory data reset.

Also I read somewhere that there is a button on the bottom of the Hisense Pulse that can be pressed to do a factory reset.

For those experiencing the issue mentioned in this thread I suggest doing the factory reset and then entering a different zip code. (Try a zip code near your location and/or near your TV provider's location).

12. everfall

everfall New Member

A couple of updates. I sent Hisense USA a message on twitter - that lead to an email where they said they are aware of this issue and a patch is coming in "a couple weeks". Just for the heck of it because it was suggested, I factory reset again and put in a different ZIP code (1 city over). So far, everything seems to now be working. The only logic I can figure out of this is that the Pulse has an issue with certain ZIP codes (mine is 44070) that causes a persistent software error whenever it tries to reference the ZIP code. Doesn't make much sense to me, but it's the only thought I can come up with.

13. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I had that happen when I switched cable boxes. The culprit ended up being the cable box. When I first set it up I got the error message. I unplugged the Cable Box for 30 seconds. While it was booting up I restarted my unit. When both booted up, the error msg was a goner and I haven't seen it since. I use my correct zip code.

Carl