Quantcast

For those that have received the Jellybean Update

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by deadringer28, Oct 24, 2013.

1. deadringer28

deadringer28 Active Member

We have all been waiting for this day to come and now that it is here I am not seeing anything that indicates we are at a turning point for the better. Plex has been removed. Flash has been removed. No sign of Chromecast support.

What has happened to make this worth the wait. Or is all of the goodies coming soon still?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  2. Peteo

Peteo Member

Plex is in the google play store. along with a bunch of other apps that were not available before. There might be a way to side load flash. Other than that, my TV seems zipper

3. deadringer28

deadringer28 Active Member

Peteo...If you use it have you installed Plex from the play store and confim it works?

4. Missouri_Don

Missouri_Don New Member

Hi,
    I am having trouble learning to use this site correctly. Please forgive me if this not the correct place to ask this question. Does anyone know if there is a printer that will work with the Logitech Revue?

Thank you for any suggestions,
    Don

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

To make printing work with the Revue you'll need to use the "PrinterShare" app. It's available in the Google Play Store.

Here's a couple threads about it:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/sony-s-nsz-gs8-nsz-gs7/7850-jellybean-update-printer-capability-16.html

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...e-mobile-print-free-seems-compatible-gtv.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following information from the PrinterShare web site (about using PrinterShare with android) should be helpful:

http://www.printershare.com/help-mobile.sdf

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

So for those of you who have updated, can you confirm if the AVR Vol+/- Buttons function with only the TV speakers off as it does on the G2? It's rather annoying to have to go through so many steps to be able to control the AVR volume.

7. chig

chig New Member

My Netflix no longer works. It comes up, I can select what to watch n all, but once it loads I get no video, just a grey screen. Tried different shows and the usual set of troubleshooters.. its not working for me now.

8. ericd

ericd Active Member

Same here chig. Netflix not working and Amazon Prime won't load without flash. We waited 6 months for this...

9. jeffpiercemagic

jeffpiercemagic New Member

I completed the upgrade last night and here are some of my thoughts. I believe that Amazon app uses flash, which is no longer supported. I'm going to try to side load the flash apk as I did in CYM10 on my tablet and see what will happen. Although my wifi seems to have improved immensely, I'm using 60 MB through Brighthouse, I did load XBMC and the MX player. XBMC is very disappointing on this tv only giving me 16 FPS. Also having problems with the audio crackling through xbmc. All in all a very disappointing result. Probably needs a little more experimentation.
    UPDATE: I've solved most of the xbmc problems but am still only getting 30-40 FPS not 60. It works fairly well playing the files from my NAS drive, not so well for streaming, but then again Android is not the best platform for xbmc.

I noticed that when you hit the menu button I no longer get the settings menu to go to my dvr, now I simply get the quick menu. Anyone found the DVR?
    UPDATE: I found the DVR. hit the menu button to go to the quick menu. Go all the way to the left and click on external control devise, there you will find the dvr

My remote refuses to lock and drifts almost everytime, it also disappears and needs to have the batteries taken out and rebooted.
    UPDATE: The remote is even worse since I did the reset to bring Netfix and Amazon back. it is worthless.

It might be me but where are all the additional apps we were going to have access to, I'm just not seeing it.
    UPDATE: I can't seem to get the Play Store to show any new apps. I'm going to try to sideload a android version of Playstore and see what happens.

On a side note, TV Portal, Vicki, and the DramaFever apps seem to work better on my LG than they do on my tablet.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate LG sticking to their word and giving us Jellybean update, I just think that there are a number of problems that need fixing asap.

Jeff

I believe in order for this update to work to it's full potential, we are going to need Root and custom roms. Anyone looking into this?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

Amazon and Netflix not working are realy Netflix and Amazon's fault for not updating their apps.

11. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

It doesn't work that way. It's one thing if LG had made the upgrade optional, and customers understood what they'd lose by accepting it, and it's another when content that was used to sell the product in the first place just goes *poof*.

12. ericd

ericd Active Member

Did a full system reset and got both Netflix and Amazon Prime back working.
    HBOtogo is gone along with Crackle and for some reason I lost the default alarm clock.

Wow, they call this an update. Almost every app I see in the Playstore shows as incompatible with the LG. I realize I can sideload most of them but you shouldn't have to at this point

13. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Consider it a fresh start ... & hope new apps/ndk in the works ...;)

• Like Like x 4
  14. ericd

ericd Active Member

I sincerely hope you're right but I've been hearing this for 2 years since switching to GTV.

I haven't given up hope but I'm pretty close to throwing in the towel. Google (or android) needs to make some announcements and improvements soon or the whole platform will be sunk

15. retroben

retroben Active Member

Can someone try running the Dolphin Emu on the LG update for sh##s and giggles and report back?

• Like Like x 2
  16. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

HBOGo and Crackle were always only web page links, not native apps like Amazon Instant Video and Netflix. I don't know the status of either HBOGo or Crackle but hopefully both will be working with the new GTV operating system soon. I can't use HBOGo but I like Crackle pretty well although I don't use it now that I have a Netflix account active.

17. jeffpiercemagic

jeffpiercemagic New Member

Good news for those who have upgraded and lost netflix and amazon, if you go to Options/Initial settings and reset to factory settings, you will get netflix and amazon back.

Jeff

• Like Like x 2
  18. ericd

ericd Active Member

Ok, went on a sideloading spree last night. Downloaded https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.theronrogers.shareapps&hl=en onto my tablet, gmailed the attatchments to my GTV and opened the attachment at the bottom (the link will only take you to the playstore, which won't work). Practically every app that works on my Galaxy Tab II works great on my GTV. Crackle, HBO Go, Max Go, Sirius XM ETC.. The only ones I'm having problems with are Hulu Plus (keeps crashing when acessing), TWC app (can't send attachment from shareapps) and Watch ESPN's real flakey for me.

To keep the screen from starting sideways on a lot of apps, you need to check the box located at settings> options > "do not rotate on portrait mode" . Before I found this box, I was using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.eflow.util.rotation&hl=en which seemed to make Watch ESPN work better but stays open in the notifications tab, which was aggravating for me.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  19. retroben

retroben Active Member

The three best places for sideloading apps...

1mobile - site only requires basic google account login note:lately,1mobile has been having issues on the website.

You should install the 1mobile market app (no login required) so you can properly download apps,as the site itself is still giving the wrong files.

Over 300,000 free android apps direct downloads

Scroll down to the QR code and you will see two links on the right,choose the "For Tablet" link.

appchina - apps can be installed w/out using ES File Explorer and no login required!

Appchina has its own market app as well (no english support),but do not be worried about the screenshot language,most apps are still in english.
    You can even search with english names on the site and the app to find apps.

aptoide - all you need to do is install the aptoide market app (m.aptoide) and use the m.aptoide pages for downloads.

I have the aptoide app on my GS7 which is still on Android 3.2 HoneyComb,and it works just fine.

More info for aptoide usage:After installing its market app,the file you download through the browser loads in aptoide before it actually downloads
    the apk,and it asks you if you want to add the market the app is on to aptoide,these markets allow you to directly download their apps from within
    the aptoide app itself without using your browser.

Still waiting for someone to try the Dolphin Gamecube emulator on their LG Android TV with Jelly Bean and reply back with results.

• Like Like x 2
  20. galfert

galfert Active Member

Does the update bring user profiles to Netflix?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk