Quantcast

Flash Video Problems

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by bhawkins4194, Nov 18, 2011.

1. bhawkins4194

bhawkins4194 New Member

Hello all,

Just picked up a sony tv with google 3.1 on it. I have a quick question as it seems its not working like my revue. On my revue I can watch flash videos from sockshare and putfile just fine. But on my sony tv all I get is the audio from them no video, its just a black box. Any ideas if i am missing a setting, if this is something with the honeycomb update I am not too happy about it and this tv might go back to the store and i will by another revue where i know it works just fine on.

TIA

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It could be a specific problem with the video stream compatibility or a problem with Flash. The fourCC codec association for the DX50 (MPEG-4 part 2) video streams are currently broken on Android 3.1 (Honeycomb). However, they do seem to work with XVID (MPEG-4 part 2) video stream. So, if you know if you know what format those sites are streaming that could help identify the problem.

3. bhawkins4194

bhawkins4194 New Member

I think it must use DX50, as other sites work just fine with streaming videos. I hope google fixes this soon. Thanks for your help, I was worried the tv was broke or something.

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to could help.