Quantcast

Flash Video Audio Muted Since Last Update

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by wilwith1l, Feb 7, 2012.

1. wilwith1l

wilwith1l New Member

I have a Sony BD GoogleTV box. I use it every morning to play workout videos on a site called liveexercise. Since this most recent update the audio in those flash videos won't play except if I open the options menu and go to chrome history for example, it will play the audio for like 3 seconds then cut out again. Is anyone else having trouble with flash video audio on other sites? The video works fine, but it'd be nice not to workout in silence :p

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Or at the very least knowledge that I'm not the only one having this issue.

- Wil
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I'm thinking there's probably some corrupted cache somewhere. You should probably trying to selectively clear the data/cache till you find the culprit. Otherwise, a factory reset may just be in order.

3. wilwith1l

wilwith1l New Member

k. I'll try those options when I get home today and report back. Thanks!

- Wil
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. wilwith1l

wilwith1l New Member

nope no love... I did both the clear all cache and tried with no luck, and even after resetting to factory settings from the startup config screen still have the same problem :(

- Wil
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. wilwith1l

wilwith1l New Member

any other takers on ideas? :D lol

- Wil
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. wilwith1l

wilwith1l New Member

any chance anyone has found a solution for the flash audio issues? TV works fine. everything seems to be on par, even YouTube works, just the one site I use daily doesn't have audio after the most recent update :(

- Wil
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Interesting, I didn't realize it was for one particular site. Thought you were referring to all Flash Audio in general for any website. What's the URL of the site where you get no audio? I can take a look but most likely they're streaming their audio was encoded in an incompatible format. That would explain the silent treatment. Well, that and maybe screaming someone else's name during intercourse but I suspect that's another story.

8. wilwith1l

wilwith1l New Member

Lol nice... I know u checked it b4 liveexercise.com is the site... it's just annoying that it worked in 3.1 w/ no problems. Is there a way to submit those issues for potential fix in the future?

- Wil
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Apparently, contrary to what's displayed on the main page all the links to the different promotional videos all point to the same one. I just tried that video with both my Google TV devices and the audio plays without any issues. Does playing that video offer you any trouble? Since you've already tried clearing your cache, if it does then you might consider performing a factory reset to see if that helps any.

10. wilwith1l

wilwith1l New Member

oh man. I'll die :p I hadn't ever had any problems before the 3.2 update on the Sony BD player. I did do a factory reset the last time you instructed that might help, but it didn't seem to help :/ its just odd cause the other websites don't seem to cause me any issues. Has the revue gotten an update? My housemate has one of those, maybe I'll see if she's having that same problem.

- Wil
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

As shown in my signature, I also have a Logitech Revue and it didn't have any problems with the audio. Also, it does not have the 3.2 update that was pushed on the Sony Google TV devices.

By the way, earlier when I tried the different promo videos on my Sony Google TV, they appeared to be linked to the same one. Apparently, this is not how it was supposed to be. On the PC each promo is linked to a different video. There was some weird caching thing going on with their flash player on GTV 3.2. Because each promo video I watched, showed me the same promo for the toned work out. Even after clearing the cache, so I performed a factory reset and now each video shows up separately. What's weird is that's the first time I've ever been to that site.

Anyways, you never confirmed nor denied whether or not you experience the audio problem with their promotional videos. Also, I noticed that their flash player has its own independent audio controls. Have you checked to make sure that yours isn't muted or volume is lowered to its lowest setting?

12. wilwith1l

wilwith1l New Member

craziest thing. so you know I've already done the clear cache. I did a factory reset. I got home today and in order to check that promo video I logged off the site checked the promo and the audio was working! so I logged back in and checked the same video that had no audio this morning and it had audio too!!! I have no idea what changed since this past morning... It's working now :p thanks for all your trouble shooting. if I can find the missing variable in all this I'll be sure to update w/ that solution. Thanks again.

- Wil
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. Though, I think by your own admission the missing "variable" has something to do with your account. It is quite possible there was a hidden setting that silenced the audio while you were logged onto the site. So, by logging off it is within reason to think that setting has been reset. Therefore ipso facto, problem resolved.

14. wilwith1l

wilwith1l New Member

I hope that's all it was. I know I checked the Flash Player on both the page player and the flash player settings through the GTV settings w/ no issues there. 'm just glad it's back to normal. I love GTV, thus the reason I purchased the revue for $99 for my housemate just for when I'm in her place lol. Alright, thanks again!

- Wil
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. wilwith1l

wilwith1l New Member

craziest thing happened this morning. the video went silent again! I logged out, logged back in, and it didn't fix it. I checked all the wires, made sure the receiver was good, played tv, cleared the cache on the browser. still no. so I did exactly what I did last time to miraculously fix, I logged out, played that promo video (which inadvertently crashed flash player :p) logged in and then the audio worked again! What does that even sound like? Without digging in, I'm baffled :/ at least I know what to do to fix it, but I'm determined to find a root cause so I can notify whomever to fix it.

- Wil
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. wilwith1l

wilwith1l New Member

I have figured out this issue is definitely related to the GoogleTV software. Last night, I used PIP to watch TV while I was using liveexercise.com to do a workout, and the sound muted automatically on the TV, but the audio was working on the website video. That's good, although not what I purposely intended. However, when I closed the PIP, the audio on the website stopped working! Something is happening during the initialization of the promo videos that causes the audio to switch to focus on chrome, but the second I use the TV, it's stuck focused on TV unless I watch on of the promo videos and then go to the individual pages. I hope they fix this. I like that the TV audio mutes if video plays in a webpage, but currently there is no way to toggle between where the audio is focused... or atleast not that I have been able to find!

- Wil
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. arigatou

arigatou New Member

Also thought you meant all of any website, flash audio. What is the URL site, where you no audio? I get to see, but most likely, they stream audio encoding format is not compatible.

18. wilwith1l

wilwith1l New Member

the issue only arrises when I go from watching TV and then try to go watch a video on the website. it has to be something happening where the audio on those videos isn't prompting the software to switch the audio focus from TV to Chrome. If I watch tv in Picture In Picture then the audio switches fine. It's crazy, but it works. I kinda wish they would fix it though because everything worked fine prior to the last update.

- Wil
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯