Quantcast

First TV in almost 2 Years

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by italleo1974, Dec 2, 2011.

1. italleo1974

italleo1974 New Member

Hey guys. I just received my Google TV 46' I can't wait to get it up and running. I also ordered an HD Leaf that will bring in my local channels. My goal is NO cable bill. Any must have apps??

THX

- Jd

2. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Buy a Tivo Premiere and an Over The Air Antenna. Bestbuy has a combo package for sale only $99. Google TV was not meant to be a cord cutting tool, it was designed to be a companion box.

• Like Like x 2
  4. italleo1974

italleo1974 New Member

Thanks guys... the Leaf that I ordered in an OTA HD Antenna. I literally watch TV about once... maybe twice a week so this will probably be more than i'll ever need But it's nice to know I have options besides the show that I watch on Sunday night.

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Although Google TV with TiVo/OTA isn't as good as a good cable or satellite package with a DVR, it is my cord cutting solution and the best one I could find. I sit down to watch TV and always have over 100 programs on my Google TV queues and over 100 programs on my TiVo now playing lists to choose from. We weren't quite happy with just TiVo/OTA and this inexpensive little box fixed that problem. After 12 years of DirecTV monthly bills, this is pretty cool in my opinion.