Quantcast

First impressions

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by roncook99, Aug 25, 2012.

1. roncook99

roncook99 New Member

Hey everyone,

Just got my Co-Star last night. Here are my first impressions.

Set up the unit. Went thru the setup - not difficult. Notified me of an update and allowed the unit to update.

1. I used the unit for 1 hour or more. The screen kept flickering even on live tv.
    2. When I tried to use Amazon, it did not load an app. Just showed me the Amazon website. Wasn't sure how to use it other than entering my account info. From what I have read, an app was suppose to load, not the website.
    3. I liked the keyboard and the touch pad worked.
    4. There were a lot of apps in the store that may not work on the Co-Star. HULU-Plus was not there!!!
    5. There was a default Google id preloaded when I turned it on. I could not load any apps UNTIL I created my own id and deleted the original.

So, my first impression - I may have received the unit to soon as it has some issues that make it unusable (the flickering and the Amazon app). I will try it again today and post any new issues, likes, or dislikes.

Ron

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

There is no Amazon app for GTV. GTV accesses Amazon with the Chrome browser. The icon looks like an app when you click it - but that just directs you to the Amazon web site.

Hulu Plus is currently not available on any GTV device. Also there is no GTV HBO-GO app - It's accessed through their web site using Chrome browser.