Quantcast

firmware 3.2 can't update? connection lost? wtf?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by peyotesmoothie, Dec 30, 2012.

1. peyotesmoothie

peyotesmoothie New Member

Idk if anyone else has had this problem, but i want to update the firmware on my co-star but i just get connection lost.... the internet works fine, i can go on chrome, etc.... is there another way to update?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try connecting directly to a modem with ethernet and update that way.

If you don't have access to a modem then try rebooting your router.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  3. jeanvit

jeanvit New Member

I am having a similar problem. I just installed co star yesterday and when I try to do the update the tv says "Your internet connection was lost.. Do you want to try again? hit "yes" and the same thing

4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Do it this way, perform a hard rest via the bottom hole on your Co-Star, using a paperclip ... Hold the push in paperclip in the reset hole with pressure for about 30 to 45 seconds ... When your Co-Star comes back up, pull the plug for about 3 minutes, now try doing the updated again via a wired connection, it should work now ...

5. peyotesmoothie

okay ive tried wired wireless reser new isp unplugging etc... still cant update!!!!

6. CatfishRivers

I've been posting on the Forum for a long time and seen numerous issues where GTV users were able to use Chrome browser but had issues with apps. And other devices on the same network were working fine. So to be more precise the issue is with the router interaction with specific certain aspects of GTV.

Everytime the issue was determined to be with the router. Have you tried my suggestion of connecting directly to a modem and updating that way?

Try removing your router from your setup (as a troubleshooting measure). Or take your Co-Star to a friends house and try updating there.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  7. peyotesmoothie

man... that sucks. i have at&t now so the modem is a router. i wish i could just dl the update and dropbox it. i could try to take it somewhere but thrn theres the issue of having a tv near the modem! gahhhhh!!!!!

8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Oh my God, I don't believe this, I have a all in one router modem to, what is this got to do with the price of rice China, Nothing ...! I activated a spanking brand new Vizio Co-Star, the day before the v4.6.0 came out, the very next day the v4.6.0 begun rolling out to a few Co-Star owners. I was one of the lucky ones to get the v4.6.0 update on the first day.

My other Co-Stars, that I have had since the first Co-Star was released, still don't have the update yet, do you think that I'm going to try to force the update, hell naw ...! I'm reading about people on other forums breaking their Co-Star trying to force a update, people please ...

Vizio is rolling out the updates the correct way, a few at a time, that's the way it suppose to be done, not all at one time .... I will let you think about why Vizio Corp is rolling out a few updates at a time, think about now ... Please do not try to force the update, it's coming to you anyway, just exercise a little patience ....!

9. mke

mke New Member

With all due respect, because you've been overly helpful on this forum, YOU WERE THE ONE WHO TOLD EVERYONE IN THE UPDATE THREAD THAT EVERY BOX WOULD HAVE THE UPDATE WITHIN 72 HOURS. It's been a solid 72 hours now and still no update. Meanwhile my return Window is closing - - I'm not keeping this thing unless some major issues are fixed with the update (more codecs, ac3 audio, amazon player that plays in hd).

10. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG] Originally Posted by spore[​IMG]I did a factory reset and reset up costar and still no update..Guess I just don't have it yet :(

Now you have your Co-Star set up for the new update, your update will be coming within the next 72 hours, no worry needed, again just be patient ....

YOU WERE THE ONE WHO TOLD EVERYONE IN THE UPDATE THREAD THAT EVERY BOX WOULD HAVE THE UPDATE WITHIN 72 HOURS.

Do you see anywhere in the above statement to Mr. Spore, that I said EVERYONE'S BOX would have the update in 72 hour, no you don't ...! If you are going to quote me, quote me correctly, don't take what I said out of context, that's wrong ....!

I have never ever told everyone their box would have the update in 72 hours, that's telling and creating things that are wrong ...! I believe you had better close that window, real tight too. take care guy ....!

11. CatfishRivers

Are you able to use and download apps on your Co-Star without problems? If so than the liklihood of the cause being the router is much less. If you can use Chrome but apps are problematic then that would be a strong hint that the issue is your router.

Some things you can try are rebooting your modem/router and setting a static IP.

Also I have read of a few isolated instances in which several Co-Star owners were not able to do the previous update because of a firmware issue. On a small number of Co-Stars the firmware was not signed properly so the boxes wouldn't update.

Did you just recently buy your Co-Star? Or did you own it for a while and successfully install the previous update?

12. peyotesmoothie

i got it on christmas, have never updated before. havent had an app issue other than exec_failed on netflix... that was straight outta the box! have been abke to use everything else fine.

13. peyotesmoothie

Welll, thanks for your help. I went ahead and did the reset button/unplug/restart modem-router/deal, to no luck again... I decided to go onto the vizio website for help, and saw a live chat thing, did that. Gave them some info and the guy told me to do it again!!!! gah!

Anyways to make it short, showed them my receipt and am waiting for a phone call for replacement options.

fingers crossed i get a functioning co-star!