Quantcast

Fire Tv is not very good game box

Discussion in 'Amazon Fire TV' started by mdwright1032, Jul 9, 2014.

1. mdwright1032

mdwright1032 New Member

Despite the rather poor library (promised 1,000's by the end of may and seen nothing) the best games on the console often crash or have other issues. Aces of Luftwaffe is totally unplayable because of the constant crashing, I have experienced crashing and slowdown with other games as well. It's like there is no quality testing. The launch library was respectable but haven't gotten much sense aside from 8 bit pixel games and low quality ports. What happened? I like my fire tv for xmbc and youtube viewing in the living room but it has really stunk as a game console.

2. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Probably something to do with the fact that these are $2 games from indy developers trying to jump in the market ASAP rather than $60 AAA games. Some of those big budget games still come out with a ton of nasty bugs. It's rarely a bad idea to hold off buying something until it's been on the market for a while and there's a chance for some of the problems to be worked out, but of course none of that will guarantee that the game is any good.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The processor and controller should be up to the task, all that is needed are some good games from developers. I don't have any idea if there will be much game development or not but if the games are going to sell for the prices Android games sell for at Google Play or Amazon Appstore, I can't imagine there is going to be much interest from developers. None of the other streaming boxes are good for games either as far as I know so Amazon still has time, assuming there is a market that cares about gaming with a streaming box.

5. magicseetvbox

magicseetvbox New Member

Good tv box