Quantcast

fios stb troubles

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by havadog, Dec 22, 2013.

1. havadog

havadog New Member

Hi - I recently got verizon FIOS with a cisco 335HDC P2 set top box. Unfortunately, I am unable to control it with the gs7 remote. I am also unable to select a program in the quick guide. The guide shows me the correct programs, but when I click on one, it just goes back to the current channel. Any help is appreciated.
    thanks

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

3. havadog

havadog New Member

thanks, but so far that hasn't solved the issue. Using the digital camera trick I've seen in the forum, I see that I am not getting any IR signal when trying to change the channel using the remote. In contrast, I get IR signals when using the volume/input (to control stereo and tv). I've seen others have this same problem and some have fixed it, but I haven't seen what they did to regain control of the channel output.

4. CatfishRivers

Here is a thread kind of related to your situation:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...new-nsz-gs7-control-my-directv-genie-box.html

From the above link:

** Well I used the digital camera trick and sure enough, the GS7 was sending no IR signals when I used any of the DVR functionality (channel change, pause, play, guide, list, etc...). So I went back and re-set up the DVR by selecting PVR then DirecTV. Using ANY of the DTV codes during the test and no IR from the GS7. Strange! I then went back and set up again this time using the Satellite/Terrestrial setting. This time using the DirecTV codes the GS7 DID send IR and DID control my DVR correctly. That made little to no sense to me, but alas it works and I'm not asking any more questions about it... **

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  5. havadog

havadog New Member

yes - I've seen that thread. There is at least 1 other as well. People seem to just change the input type (from cable to dvr, etc) and suddenly the IR output works. I've tried this repeatedly to no avail...but it seems odd that just switching inputs would "turn on" the IR outputs, so hoping there is another route.

6. CatfishRivers

Try disabling HDMI-CEC control on your Sony NSZ-GS7.

If that doesn't work then try a factory reset.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  7. havadog

havadog New Member

Unfortunately, I've tried all of those things, and am still not getting any control by the channel buttons.