Quantcast

Few questions on Sony Google TV

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Bronson, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Bronson

Bronson New Member

Hi, I just started with it and I am hoping that someone can help me with few questions

1. I 'd like to use the Input button on the GTV remote to switch from cable to GTV, but it does not allow me to select the HDMI source. The only way is through the TV remote. Volume works and the TV was paired - it's LG 4500
    2. I'm in Canada and got the devise from USA. I was not able to set my location on it. Is this the case with all and does it make any difference?
    2. Chrome browser keeps crashing on Google maps and other sites. Reasons?
    3. How can I prevent pop up windows? I tried to watch online streaming videos (projecttv) and naked girls pop ups showed. Is there a way to turn them off?
    4. Chrome browser - how can I browse with Tabs or lower or turn off a window like on Windows and then come back to it?
    5. Crackle app preloaded - keeps cutting off once the movie starts?
    6. I was only able to watch Redux, AOL and Youtube for free from the preloaded apps. They have old recorded videos. Can I watch live TV for free somewhere, see the news, the weather for example...newer staff?
    7. How to create a Home network to wirelessly access my Laptop and Android tablet and stream via GTV?
    8. Can Skype or Icefilms work on GTV?

Any advise is much appreciated!
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  2. chopper

chopper Active Member

Hi, I just started with it and I am hoping that someone can help me with few questions

1. I 'd like to use the Input button on the GTV remote to switch from cable to GTV, but it does not allow me to select the HDMI source. The only way is through the TV remote. Volume works and the TV was paired - it's LG 4500
    Ans: There is likely a way to set up on of the colored buttons to act in this manner. At least I can do it in Settings for my Revue.
    2. I'm in Canada and got the devise from USA. I was not able to set my location on it. Is this the case with all and does it make any difference?
    Ans: This option probably only needed in the USA currently in order for Primetime to work.
    2. Chrome browser keeps crashing on Google maps and other sites. Reasons?
    Ans: Not sure if this could be a flash issue -flash update in the furture?
    3. How can I prevent pop up windows? I tried to watch online streaming videos (projecttv) and naked girls pop ups showed. Is there a way to turn them off?
    Ans: Unsure, but try hitting the button with multiple horizontal lines on it while chrome is opened to poke around the settings.
    4. Chrome browser - how can I browse with Tabs or lower or turn off a window like on Windows and then come back to it?
    Ans: The Nexus 7 version of Chrome works on GTV but I prefer the GTV version which has hidden tabs kind of if you hit that horizontal lines button again you will find it.
    5. Crackle app preloaded - keeps cutting off once the movie starts?
    Ans: could be a crappy internet speed you have, if not try an ethernet cable instead of Wifi.
    6. I was only able to watch Redux, AOL and Youtube for free from the preloaded apps. They have old recorded videos. Can I watch live TV for free somewhere, see the news, the weather for example...newer staff?
    Ans: Chrome will be a better option for what you want and when they update the firmware to Jelly Bean the flash issues should be fixed.
    7. How to create a Home network to wirelessly access my Laptop and Android tablet and stream via GTV?
    Ans: I just connect an external hard drive to my GTV box but other's here use Apps to do this.
    8. Can Skype or Icefilms work on GTV?
    Ans: No cam = no skype currently but we will see what the new GTV technology brings in 2013
    Not sure about icefilms being a flash issue or not.
    Any advise is much appreciated!
    Thanks![/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013