Quantcast

Favorite Channels go to wrong channels

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by aj88, Mar 22, 2012.

1. aj88

aj88 New Member

I have the Sony Google Tv. I think I set it up correctly and when I go to my channel list, it shows all of my channels, even my HD channels that go above 1000. But when I have added favorite channels by pushing the star button and adding them as favorites - - when I actually click on a favorite channel, the tv go to channel 4 instead of 450 or to channel 0 instead of 1450. It seems to put only one number in before it switches channels, so it only goes to my first 9 channels. but all my favorite channels are at least in the 100's. I did try adding channel 3 to my favorites and then when I clicked on it, it went straight to channel 3. It seems like the problem is that it can't think fast enough to put 3 or 4 numbers in before the channel changes. Does anyone know how to fix this? It's frustrating because also in the movies/tv app from the home page where I can see all the movies that are on live tv, when I click on a movie I want to watch it goes to one of the first 9 channels instead of going to the actual channel it is on! This is very frusting and I really hope someone can help me! I'm using ATT U-verse Tv with HD channels. Thanks!

2. vjhahn

vjhahn New Member

Was any solution ever found for this problem? I just got Google TV and I have ATT Uverse and I am having the exact same problem. I've tried deleting and readding the favorite channels several times, but it always goes to like channel 4 or 0 or 1. It's actually really annoying. Anyone have any ideas?? I'm in the Los Angeles area if it matters. Thanks!!

3. qfour20

qfour20 New Member

Hi there. It sounds like your U-Verse reciever is changing the channel before the gtv box is finished sending the channel change commands. If you look in settings for your TV provider, you can edit the configuration for your IR blaster. My guess would be that you need a shorter wait time between when commands are sent. Try lowering that value and restarting the gtv box and see if that fixes the issue.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4

4. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

Make sure the ir signal is getting to the receiver clearly.
    This is usually caused by the receiver missing one or two ir digits. The blaster has to be over the cable boxes ir receiver. You can check the settings to see if you can adjust the speed of the ir signal also, some gtv's have this setting, some don't.