Quantcast

Faster Access to Bookmarks

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by overtimeman, Mar 4, 2012.

1. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

Is there a faster way to get to my bookmarks instead of going to the homepage,then clicking chrome,and clicking the menu icon in the upper right hand corner.Had my revue for a couple of months and still learning.Someone told me to hold down the star key and it would take you there but that doesn't work for me.Unless there is something in the settings I have to change.Thanks,Mike

2. saeba

saeba Active Member

I approached it this way on my Sony.... I installed an app called "Folder Organizer". I created a folder of bookmarks on the homepage and also a couple of icons that link directly to bookmarks I use a lot. I also used it to create several folders of apps like "tools", "video", etc.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

A short press of the star key is for adding a bookmark.

What you need to do to bring up your bookmarks page is a long press of the star key (press and hold for a few seconds).

Note: If you reboot and your home-screen is showing then the star key will only work once you go to chrome or a web site. And from within an app the star key doesn't work. So essentially you need to be on Chrome or a web page with Chrome for the star key to work. For instance it works when viewing this page.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  4. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

Thanks CatfishRivers. That was the shortcut I was looking for.Didn't realize you had to be in Chrome on a website.They said just hold down the star key.I remember you from the MSNTV2 groups!Thanks again,Mike

5. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  6. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

another thing you might want to give a go is setting chrome as your default open on start up.. I am trying out this idea.. since you have access to all the needed apps on the app home bar.. going to all apps on default seems kinda pointless.. for me anyway.. i kinda like just having the browser open at startup.. that way simple star click and i get all my bookmarks.. just need to neaten up my book marks..

7. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Some great tips! Something I've noticed that helps in navigating between Bookmarks and Apps. In Chrome all bookmarks rise to the top of the list. So just inputing the first two letters of any bookmark should bring it up. Using the search the first letter will bring up any corresponding Apps. For example Market can be brought up w/just an m.

This can be useful when looking up movies. Instead of going back to home, you can easily go from App to App. I search a movie in the IMDB App and go directly to Netflix to see if it is available. The cool thing about the search feature is that you can search from anywhere and even use it to open Chrome.

Carl

8. squeezon

squeezon New Member

I believe you can also go to all apps and to the app "spotlight" and hold down the star/bookmark key and "bookmarks" come up

9. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Yes - this is because the GTV spotlight "app" is actually a web page designed for GTV (and it's viewed with Chrome). So in a sense it's really a "web app" (a web page especially designed for GTV users). This is also true for all the sites in the Spotlight section - they are web apps - and as such the star key will work from all of them.

However the star key doesn't work from downloadable apps.

The star key also works from Gmail - because that's accessed with the Chrome broswer.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012