Quantcast

Factory Reset

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Dec 23, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I'm on the Logitech Revue (OS 3.1) and I just wanted to pass along my recent experience of doing a factory reset.

The YouTube videos from the web site stopped working - all I got was the spinning circle. I tried rebooting and that didn't fix it. I also tried force stopping and clearing data from the Chrome app to no avail.

Then I did the factory reset. After the factory reset Chrome was very sluggish and web pages kept freezing. So then I went to system settings ---> Accounts & Sync ---> and unchecked the boxes for "Background Data" and "Auto Sync". And wow now my Chrome browser is peppy & fast -:)

2. Travel

Travel Active Member

Has unchecking the boxes for "Background Data" and "Auto Sync" affected anything?

3. CatfishRivers

Not that I notice except for it made Chrome run faster for me after my factory reset. But I should mention that I don't have any apps installed - (the only apps on my Revue are the apps that came pre-installed on my Revue).

When I uncheck the box for "Background Data" - I get a pop-up window that says:

! Attention
    Disabling background data lowers data use. Some applications may still use the background data connection.

(I then have the option to click "OK" or "Cancel").

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  4. Travel

Travel Active Member

Yes, the "background data" & "auto sync" seems to have to do with apps, but I'm not at all clear on the details of how checking or unchecking these boxes affects apps' performace, etc. I tried unchecking these boxes on the GS7 (with about 30 apps installed) but didn't notice an increase in the speed of the Chrome browser.

5. retroben

retroben Active Member

I am curious if that benchmark app I posted about will run on Logitech Revue.
    If you are willing to risk running it to see if it helps any.

If it does work on Revue,I would love to hear if it actually peaks the Logitech Revue's potential after going through the 2D and
    3D tests twice on the first day,and once every day in the course of four more days.
    Don't stare at the 2D tests as they might cause seizures from the rapid color changing.

Anyone that has a GS7 like me should get amazing results.

If it can run it,I want to know how the Logitech Revue turns out after using the benchmark exploit.

6. CatfishRivers

Hi retroben. Thanks for the offer but unfortunately my Logitech Revue no longer downloads apps. By the way have you seen this thread about the "seeder" app?

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-apps/7033-seeder-apk.html

Perhaps your benchmark app improves speed in a similar manner to seeder? If you try seeder please post your opinion of it. Back when I was still able to download apps - I tried seeder and noticed an improvement in speed.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013