Quantcast

Extending Component RCA

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Boomn4x4, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 New Member

Sorry if this to off topic for this site, but I figured who better to ask.

I'm finally getting around to hanging my tv on the wall and I need to extend my Wii cables, they are RCA component. I am about to buy a 35' RCA-5 Component cable, but they are male-male, so I'll need to splice them into the RCA cables coming from the Wii. I apologize for my ignorance, but are the RCA component jack to jack connectors the same for audio as they are for video?

2. dharris9311

dharris9311 Member

I think so, Im not sure but Im curious as to why you would splice the wire. You can buy RCA couplers (A plug with Female sockets on both ends) for about $2.00 a pair at Bestbuy.

3. bkdg100

bkdg100 New Member

try

mono price dot com

4. BLA

BLA New Member

Where is the Wii / AV Components going to be in relation to the TV on the wall? Are you just having the cables dangle from the TV down and across the floor?

5. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 New Member

The Wii and AV componets are in a media cabinet next to my couch, about 30' away from the TV. The TV is mounted above a fireplace with the cabling running in the wall through a 2" PVC pipe that goes down the wall to an access panel in the basement.

I used the term "splice" in appropriatly. I was asking about those female butt connectors that you are talking about. While I spent 5 years of my life installing CCTV system, I have never used Component video cables before. I don't know how the signal works or if you need special connectors for Component RCA cables.

Always do!!!! 50" flat panel wall mount, 2 30' HDMI cables, 35' 5-wire RCA component cable for under $100.... would have cost $500 at Best Buy, $300 alone for the wall mount.

6. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 New Member

The Wii and AV componets are in a media cabinet next to my couch, about 30' away from the TV. The TV is mounted above a fireplace with the cabling running in the wall through a 2" PVC pipe that goes down the wall to an access panel in the basement.

I used the term "splice" in appropriatly. I was asking about those female butt connectors that you are talking about. While I spent 5 years of my life installing CCTV system, I have never used Component video cables before. I don't know how the signal works or if you need special connectors for Component RCA cables.

Always do!!!! 50" flat panel wall mount, 2 30' HDMI cables, 35' 5-wire RCA component cable for under $100.... would have cost $500 at Best Buy, $300 alone for the wall mount.

7. BLA

BLA New Member

Can you go from the cabinet into the wall, down to the basement, over, then up the pipe to the tv? How do the cables exit the wall behind the tv? Photos?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  8. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 New Member

Yes, that's how the wires are.. out of the cabinet, into the wall, down the wall, into the basement, across the basement, up onto an access pannel, up a 2" pipe inthe wall, then out of a hole drilled in a blank cover plate behind the TV.

What does this have to do with the female butt connectors I'm asking about?

Sent using TapaTalk