Quantcast

Exiting Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by deadringer28, Dec 28, 2013.

1. deadringer28

deadringer28 Active Member

I can not for the life of me figure out how to exit this app. It seems no matter how many time I hit back it stays in the foreground. I want to be able to move it to the background so that I can get to my widgets and see my desktop. Is this possible?

2. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

With some Apps you have to press the options button on the remote and select Exit. I don't recall if this is the case with the Amazon App.

3. deadringer28

Jon...thanks for the reply but this does not work on Amazon. I wonder if I use tasker KILL feature to close the app. Hopefully someone with Tasker experience can weigh in. I am looking to buy the app anyway but if this can be done I would buy it just for that.

4. jonw747

I was checking Amazon Prime videos yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I just clicked the Go Back button to get out of it. You shouldn't have to force stop it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. donc13

donc13 Member

Just hit the HOME button on the remote. Then select your new app or TV and you should be fine.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. deadringer28

I had to hit back like 20 times but it finally did bring me back to the home screen. The reason I don't like to multitask with apps like this is because when i exit one app I want Live TV innput to be what displays on the full screen. If Amazon or Netflix are in an open state it does not return to Live TV.

7. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

I really don't like not having an option in every app to "Exit/Quit/Kill/close" the app. The 'back' button does not always close an app you still have apps that continue to run in the background until you go to settings to force close it. This is where WebOS and Blackberry OS shine in their handling of multitasking and managing running apps. Androis & iOS have failed miserably in this area.

• Like Like x 2
  8. jonw747

The Amazon App is just misbehaved. Seems to me an App should either exit promptly when you backspace out of it, or have an Exit menu option, but the designers would prefer that you not care. Oh well, I care.

It took me a while to remember that the only way to get Skype to go away on my phone was to "Sign Out".

• Like Like x 2