Quantcast

excited but yet to be satisfied with sony google tv

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by sachnida, Dec 6, 2011.

1. sachnida

sachnida New Member

Recently purchased sony google tv using ultimate visa reward points over black friday for pretty slick price equivalent of $74. My wife and I love technology and wanted to give this a try.
    Set up was difficult but completed yesterday. AVR from sony does not have HDMI so I had to use optical link.
    So far

Integration of internet and TV- duh!!
    Dont have to switch between input for tv to use simple computer related tasks, i.e facebook etc,
    Dont have to keep computer in proximity of the TV
    Ipad can serve as a remote control

Dislike
    does not play with logitech harmony set up, my wife and kids had just got used to it
    Can not change AVR input with the remote provided
    Can not turn off the dish dvr
    pay extra 4$ for DVR integration
    Confusing set up for audio, video outputs. Limits Dish receiver sound to PCM unless HDMI pass through selected
    No 3D support

I plan to use this community to troubleshoot, use android market and get help.
    Meanwhile, if any of my dislike could be addressed in some fashion, please let me know. Your help is truly appreciated.

2. sachnida

sachnida New Member

Also forgot to add region restriction on DVD- can not play dvds of indian movies and some local language movies