Quantcast

ESPN3 Looks Good

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by wwsiralexd, Aug 26, 2012.

1. wwsiralexd

wwsiralexd New Member

The first thing I did after setting the Co-Star up was to play a soccer game at ESPN3. Two hours long without a hitch. :cool:

2. crawlernight11

crawlernight11 New Member

The Co-Star is a $100 Google TV set-top-box that allows you search the web, view online video, or run apps on your television. It's really an amazing unit and it's no wonder that you enjoyed playing soccer in ESPN3 as the Co-Star supports 1080p streaming. The box supports content offerings from Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, HBO GO, Wall Street Journal, Pandora, iHeartRadio and Slacker Radio. M-GO video-on-demand is advertised as being available, but hasn't yet launched. It's not just this, I think there are more content services to be added to the box before the end of 2012. So we can expect a lot of more good experience.

3. danel1

danel1 New Member

I use the Sony box to watch Canadian football on ESPN3. Ive been quite dissapointed in it. It seems to lock up regularly when coming back from commercial and the feed is often pixelated and pretty low quality. It could be the feed I guess...I may need to watch something on ESPN3 to confirm that

4. overmetal61

overmetal61 New Member

I am trying it with Vizio Costar in Chrome.
    When I access espn3.com from laptop with ATT DSL it works fine.
    When I attempt from co-star, I just get the red spiral loading window, and never streams.

Are you guys using the espn3 interface or WatchESPN from Chrome? I don't have a WatchESPN provider, so I cannot login, but it should work with ATT DSL through espn3.com

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I accessed ESPN3 with Google TV using AT&T DSL in Little Rock, it worked but not without some playback issues and some crashes. It was suggested I access ESPN3 with this link to an old college football game, The BBVA Compass Bowl, I am not sure why but it has worked much better since I started using it that way, although still not perfect. I am now using AT&T U-verse, a different DSL and have this link bookmarked on my home page.

Streaming Online - WatchESPN

Of course it gets old, you have to watch the entire football game before moving on to something else. No just kidding about that and it may not make any difference for you or anybody else having ESPN3 issues, maybe it is just a placebo effect, the Google TV thinks it works better so it does, not really sure. It does take some time to load so be patient.

6. ariel12g

ariel12g New Member

ESPN with Xfinity works just fine on my Vizio Co-Star. In HD, almost as if you were watching the real channel.

7. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I watched the BMW PGA tournament today using ESPN3 with a Revue, very stable playback, ran it for about 3 hours, not a single issue.

8. yorT

yorT New Member

Ran espn3 through the chrome web browser on co star and it's amazing quality. Like watching on tv. The touch pad on the remote is what gives me the most problems.