Quantcast

Espn 3 not working on Sony NsZ-GT1 Blu ray player

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by viashhaina, Jun 13, 2013.

1. viashhaina

viashhaina New Member

Hi All,

I am not able to access espn 3 on my google tv.It was working fine few weeks before.I am using att u verse credential to access espn 3.I can watch espn 3 on my computer and phone with the same credentials.So its definitely not related to access. Earlier i used to see att u verse written on the top once i logged on to espn 3 but that is not visible on my google tv any more. I tried rebooting,clearing cache,change seetings in adobe storage but nothing is working.I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
    Vikash

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Using AT&T U-verse in Little Rock and a Sony NSZ-GT1 right now to watch the US Open. It is working perfectly for me. Here is a link to the feed I am watching now.

Streaming Online - WatchESPN

3. viashhaina

viashhaina New Member

I can access using my laptop.The problem is with my google tv .If you notice right side of the image attached,there is "Powered by att uverse but i do not see that in my google tv,no idea why? even though i use the same login and password.Any comments?
    $espn3.JPG

4. ChrisG8

I see "Powered by AT&T U-verse" and can access ESPN3 using a Sony NSZ-GT1. Are you using the default browser? Did you use Smart RAM booster to shut down apps and to clear RAM? I can't really offer anything else from here since I am using the same device and same service and don't know how to recreate the problem you describe.

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try rebooting your GTV and also go to Chrome settings on your GTV and clear cookies.

6. viashhaina

viashhaina New Member

I tried both the suggestions given by CatfishRivers and ChrisG8 but nothing worked. I am using the Chrome browser. Any other suggestions plz ?

Thanks for the reply.

7. CatfishRivers

Try going to the GTV Adobe Flash Settings and deleting all sites.

8. viashhaina

viashhaina New Member

I did factory reset and didn't work.

9. viashhaina

viashhaina New Member

I did that couple of times and didn't work.

10. viashhaina

viashhaina New Member

I cannot see the "Powered by Att uverse " so i am assuming some problem with the authentication on GTV but no clue what is that ? Any pointers plz?

11. CatfishRivers

OK on the following threads are 2 suggestions for you to try:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/vizio-co-star/7684-webpage-has-redirect-loop-error-310-a.html

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-general-discussion/7722-webpage-has-redirect-loop.html

Basically as mentioned in that thread you can 1) enter the special custom Chrome user agent string exactly as specified:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1309.0 Safari/537.17

Or 2) go to your settings and manually enable your GTV device to accept cookies for the ESPN web site.

By the way is your GTV clock showing the correct time? If not that can cause authentication errors.....

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  12. ChrisG8

I am running ESPN3 on two different Google TV boxes right now, switching between US Open feeds. Just using the default browser, nothing else running on either and I just switch between the two by changing HDMI input on my receiver. I don't think the issue is related to the NSZ-GT1 settings, I think it is something AT&T has done, probably inadvertently, or something related to the router that prevents Google TV access. I do recall some months ago, I couldn't access ESPN3 for a brief period, then it started working again without changing anything.

13. CatfishRivers

In conjunction with ChrisG8's post - it would also be a good idea to try rebooting your router.

14. viashhaina

viashhaina New Member

I tried the solutions mentioned and didn't help.

If i can access the content on my phone and laptop ,then do you think att would have done some thing else to block espn on google tv ?

Thanks,
    Vikash

15. ChrisG8

No, I don't think AT&T would have done something deliberately to block Google TV but it could be an inadvertent omission or non payment of fees is causing the issue, I can only speculate. I don't really know how something like this works but I assume the ISP pays ESPN a fee to permit access but I don't know how the fee is calculated or if additional fees are required for specific devices in addition to PCs. Competition in my market may dictate that AT&T pay the fees for all access by all devices since Comcast does that but in other markets, the competition may not do the same and AT&T may have decided not to pay the fees.

It may be something that is required by AT&T, some setting or signal required isn't being handled properly but in the past had been. I don't really have a good idea about any of it but the last thing I would believe is that AT&T is deliberately blocking Google TV in your market but permits Google TV access in my market, that would be preposterous. It has to be a business decision or mistake of some sort.

16. CatfishRivers

Try contacting ESPN and ATT support and see what they have to say about it.