Quantcast

ES File Explorer - Download Directory Field

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by guest, Dec 1, 2012.

1. guest

guest Active Member

I have a Logitech Revue.
    An application developer (Exigo Software) responded to a question I had thusly:

"Sounds like your device doesn't give the application permission to write directly to the iPod. I would just download them (MP3's) to the default directory and then use your file explorer application to copy everything from there to the ipod directory."

I believe the default directory is the SDcard(?). But doesn't "copy everything" require having a specifically-named Download Directory Field for the iPod USB? I don't know what it is. Where do I find it?

If you plug a device into a GoogleTV USB port and wish to download something into it, rather than downloading it to the SDcard, doesn't the device connected to the USB port require a download directory address?

In the ES File Explorer settings, there is a pre-assigned "SDcard address". So on the web you click a PDF and it winds up being sent to the SDcard. What do you do if you want to take that PDF off the SDcard and upload it into a USB device connected to the GTV? First, you need an "address" for the USB device to which the PDF can be sent. No? Can someone explain this process?

2. guest

guest Active Member

I'm getting closer to a solution, thanks to some commentary Eferz made last year here. Re: Indie Film Society review of Revue etc. - Page 4 - Logitech Forums

The thread in this URL above should be a sticky at googletvforum because it explains how to use either an SD card or an attached USB drive of your choosing for downloads. If you don't make the required changes in Settings, either within File Expert or some other application, YOU WILL NOT be able to download data into a USB that you've connected to GTV!

Based on the lack of responses to my earlier posts asking for help on this subject, I don't think most of the users in this forum know how to do this!

I'm still not completely clear on it. See the last post by sipura29, which is me.