Quantcast

Error Playing Video in Logitech's Media Player

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Bielefeld, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Bielefeld

Bielefeld New Member

So since I bought my Logitech Revue I have had my external hard drive plugged into it playing all the movies and tv shows I have on it without a problem. However since the most recent update Logitech's Media player keeps coming up with errors, sometimes not playing the video at all and sometimes stopping halfway through a show. Does anyone have any idea why an update would make this aspect of the revue worse?

2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    I don't know, but you might benefit from a Full Reset. Settings>About>Factory data reset> This has helped me with some problems and could fix your problem. You will lose your bookmarks but not your Queues, if you have them synced. Settings>Accounts & sync>click on your account>check the Sync Queue box.

Hope this helps :)

3. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

Factory reset will force you to do a reconfiguration of the system. Something to be aware of, and isn't always the best solution.

4. brucebanner

brucebanner New Member

it wont work anyways, this is something logitech ****** up and broke in the last update

5. Bielefeld

Bielefeld New Member

Yeah you are right it did not work. Is there anyway to revert back to an earlier update? Or am I just screwed?

6. bren999

bren999 New Member

Hey ive found a fix that works for me all my xvid encoded avi files now play again. Go to google chrome apllication and in settings goto advanced user agent and change to default, mine was set on generic for when hulu used to work. Hope this helps :)

7. fkasten

fkasten New Member

Hulu still works.

8. brucebanner

brucebanner New Member

hulu doesnt work, if it works for you, how are you getting it to work, ive tried everything from different user agents such as custom ones and still no go

also to bren, your fix doesnt work, my user agent was already set to default and i still cant play the video i could play before, i dont see how the user agent affect logitech media player whatsoever, but if youd like to chime in please feel free.

im just holding out hope for some great news for gtv but im really losing my patience.

9. bren999

bren999 New Member

Changing the user agent in chrome is the only thing i have done since the 29th March update which broke my ability to play my avi files.

All i can suggest you do then is to set your user agent in chrome to generic and then switch back to default. I never messed about with adding any other custom user agents. When i did this my xvids magically started working again. Btw im using tversity as dlna server.

10. fkasten

fkasten New Member

I watch hulu though PlayOn. Works like a champ. No need to mess with user agents.

11. brucebanner

brucebanner New Member

playon, you pay for it?

12. brucebanner

brucebanner New Member

ill try tversity i stopped using it because it stopped working as well. and i did try different combos of user agent, but havent tried tversity

13. fkasten

fkasten New Member

Yes, It took advantage of a $20 1st year special offer and will pay $20/yr in the future if I keep it. That's $1.67/mo.

14. bren999

bren999 New Member

Hey let us know how you get on with trying what i did Bruce, It might be because of combo of tversity! and user agent in chrome :)

15. portis

portis New Member

I am in the same boat. I was very happy with my revue and now I am considering getting another media player and sell this one. I feel like a Guinea pig after spending $300 on a device that is getting worst. I would not recommend it to anybody.

16. brucebanner

brucebanner New Member

it seems to work a little better now, i set the user agent to i think default, and tversity plays most files now, but still not all. its wierd though, say i have a 2 part files to a movie, it will play the second file and not the first.this thing is ridiculous.

17. bren999

bren999 New Member

Oh right at least you have some more functionality. Im only aware of mp4 files and Vob files not playing back through revue. All xvid avi content i have has played back without problem including large MKV files.

18. AlaskanOgre

AlaskanOgre New Member

After a lot of frustration with my personal Revue (and a clients) not playing most of my movies after that update I began reading on this issue and found that it's got to be a codec issue not being fully supported in the Logitech Player. I posted how to easily convert the videos to overcome this problem over on my business forum.

http://matsucomputermedics.com/inde...56-Logitech-Revue-wont-play-some-of-my-Movies

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011