Quantcast

error 105

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by bigpapadjr, Aug 24, 2011.

1. bigpapadjr

bigpapadjr New Member

I have the sony NSZ-GT1 with google tv and a phillips 42inch plasma..finally got the features working after eliminating two bad hdmi cables, but now the thing gives me an error 105, unable to load message everytime I try to load a website other than one of their built in apps, but still even on some of their apps too like youtube. Very frustrated, and cant figure this out. I have rebooted it twice as well. My tv is about 6 yrs old, so i brought the bedroom tv into the living room just to try it out and same problem. It is a 32 inch JVC plasma, about 3 years old. Do I need a brand new interenet ready TV for this? I thought the only requirement was it needed an HDMI input? If I cant freely surf the web, this is useless to me. I am tempted to buy a new tv, hoping that is it but i have no clue what to do at this point..any suggestions?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Some of the icons from the home screen are actually bookmarks to web pages. YouTube and Amazon Instant Video are example of these type of bookmarks.

The particular error message "
    Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)" is an error message from the Chrome web browser indicating that it is unable to resolve the host name to an IP address. Possibly your internet service provider's DNS servers are malfunctioning or your broadband gateway isn't relaying the proper requests.

No.

Actually, the Sony Internet TV Blu-ray Disc Player also requires access to the internet either through WiFi or the Ethernet port.

There might be a problem with your NGZ-GT1 gaining internet access from either your broadband router/gateway or wireless access point. I suggest looking at those as a source of contention.