Quantcast

epixhd not playing

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by kavaja, Nov 30, 2011.

1. kavaja

kavaja New Member

ok its been a while i was hoping google would fix their update by now. but it still needs to be fix. while I wait for that to happen can someome tell me how I can view movies again on my sony bluray for epixhd, it is a app they provide. you would think they would make sure it works before the update.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

There is no Epix HD app for Google TV, you're probably looking at the weblink in the Spotlight app. The Spotlight app is just a fancy RSS reader that is fed by Google's RSS feed for Google TV. It contains links to websites that have optimized their sites for the TV experience.

To watch the content, you'll need to subscribe to the EPIX service from your cable provider.

3. wazhappenindude

wazhappenindude New Member

Hello, I also bought a Sony Blu-Ray with Google TV and cannot watch EpixHD and getting an error.
    $epixhd.jpg

Anybody found a fix to this? I am on Charter cable and my internet service allows me to have access to EpixHD. Works ok with my desktop PC.

Thanks

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I would definitely contact Epix directly if I were you. It sounds like they may have made an update to their site that isn't allowing it to work with the Google TV platform.

• Like Like x 2
  5. wazhappenindude

wazhappenindude New Member

I contacted Epix and they are still looking into why it is not working. They have escalated the issue with their Engineering department.

• Like Like x 2