Quantcast

Easy way to fling pictures from tablet to Google TV?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by HamDog, Sep 29, 2013.

1. HamDog

HamDog Member

Bought mom a Logitech Revue Google TV box when they first came out. A great way to keep mom (who has Alzheimer) entertained for hours with YouTube on the big screen! When I visit her, I'd like to quickly fling some pictures from my Android tablet (Nexus 7 running Android 4.3) to Google TV. I tried the Google TV remote app, but that was just a remote and it didn't allow flinging of pictures (maybe I missed something). Then I purchased a Google Chromecast cause I heard that was capable of this, but it can't do that either (I understand there was an app which was capable, but Google's update to the Chromecast wiped out that app).

I don't want to set-up any media servers or DLNA servers at mom's place. Is there any other app that would allow me to send pictures from tablet to Google TV? Seems like a really elementary thing! Thanks for any info.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. HamDog

HamDog Member

Thanks! I'll have to give that a try next week when I visit her. I'll report back!

Thanks again.

4. HamDog

HamDog Member

Replying back on Able Remote. It does what it says, but for some reason it really slows down my Google TV box. After installing Able Remote, everything slowed down. HD Youtube videos came in choppy. So I had to uninstall it and everything went back to normal. I have the first generation of the Logitech Google TV box, so maybe the processor is just too slow?

I went ahead and ordered a slimline HDMI to micro USB cable. Hopefully I'll be able to display my pictures on the TV without any problems. Nothing beats good old cables!

5. rkwatch

rkwatch Member

I use Chromemote -- chromemote.com