Quantcast

Dynex TV sucks

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CoolJavelin, Jul 2, 2012.

1. CoolJavelin

CoolJavelin New Member

I purchased a Dynex 37" Plasma about 2 years ago and it has a recurring issue.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Once in a while it freezes up. The picture either freezes or goes blank, the sound stops, and neither the remote nor the buttons on the side do anything.

The only solution is to unplug the TV to reset the processor.

At first, it was, maybe, twice a year. Lately it has been happening much more often. Today, it died 3 times.

It is a problem I have heard form others users.

Neither Dynex, nor Best Buy acknowledge the issue so I suspect they have not solved the problem.

If I had it to do again, I would spend a little more and get a name brand.

Mark.

[/FONT]

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I think this post would be more appropriate in the "off-topic" section - as it's not really specifically related to Google TV.

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Have you went to the dynex web site and checked to make sure you have the latest firmware update if it accepts it - You need to go to Product Support | Dynex and type in your model number and see what it finds.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Of course this isn't relevant to Google TV. Dynex is a Best Buy store brand, many manufacturers make products Best Buy has sold using that name. In fact, some of those products are very good and a great value, others are not worth buying at any price, there is no meaningful statement that can be made about the brand in general but my advice, buyer beware, research, find out the manufacturer for any specific Dynex item and know whether or not that product stands a good chance of being a good buy. I believe Funai manufacturers products sold under Dynex, not many, but a few. I consider Funai a good manufacturer, I own several Funai made products.