Quantcast

DVR Button not Working with Tivo Premiere XL

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by artyzipp, Jan 24, 2013.

1. artyzipp

artyzipp New Member

I have the tivo setup and working great with this GTV box, but the one thing that it won't control is the Recorded TV section. Pressing DVR does nothing. Guide takes me to the guide, TV takes me to live tv, and the power cycle buttons are now working great for the TV and the Soundbar. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

2. futureboy

futureboy New Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. artyzipp

artyzipp New Member

Thank you for providing this. I did find that article last night, and I can confirm the second option does work (did a quick test this morning). I will need to test the DVR menu codes this afternoon. One thing I do know is that the Tivo Premiere XL remote does not technically have a "DVR" button, so I am essentially hoping to get the DVR button on the remote to mimic the TiVo button.

That being said, I am slowly getting used to the remote. It is not great, and I wish there was a great remote out there. Can't figure out why the FN button is required for the volume when I have set the AV output as my volume source. Also, I wish the fast forward clicks on the front of the remote did the 30 second skip and not just fast forward.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

If you have the 30 second skip programmed into the TiVo, try FN >> for 30 second skip using the remote.

5. futureboy

futureboy New Member

Do ittashimashite!

If you will only be using an AV receiver to listen to sound there is a way to avoid using the "Fn" button to change volume.

Do this:

Select the app "Settings" -> "TV & AVR" -> "Volume control setting" and set it to ""Audio system"

6. artyzipp

artyzipp New Member

Thanks for that...I will give it a try

7. artyzipp

artyzipp New Member

Part one does not appear to work...it just gives me one IR blaster code to use.

8. artyzipp

artyzipp New Member

Did this but still need to use FN key

9. dalepa

dalepa New Member

Comcast DVR is so bad, Im considering getting a tivo and using it with my nsz-gs7 and returning the Comcrap DVR... Is the Tivo working as expected with the nsz-gs7 remote? thanks

10. artyzipp

artyzipp New Member

So far it is working okay for me. The one thing that is not working for me still is the DVR button. I did find an IR blaster code with the DirectTV option that got the DVR button to work, but the TV button did not work in that scenario. I need some bachelor free time to get it working perfectly.