Quantcast

DVR Application

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by rudicio, Dec 20, 2010.

1. rudicio

rudicio New Member

Does anyone think that someone will make a DVR application for the google tv that would essentially record back to an external local storage device?

2. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

Once the SDK is formally released this was something I was oing to look at doing. I don't know if the GTV platforms have enough power to do the encoding to drive DVR functionality for HD content. If it is possible, I'm thinking there will be several different attempts at this.

3. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

Could be cool, plug an external HDD into the TV and use it to program and record. I really can't wait until the platform opens...there are going to be great things on the horizon!!

4. srramalot

srramalot New Member

Yeah I got it knowing (hoping) that Google TV would be better then the Android phones...I'm waiting to see what the market has to offer. They should have an explosion of apps before they let the public loose on it.

5. keith.ckt

keith.ckt New Member

it is only a matter of time before someone actually does that once the platform becomes more mature ;)

6. Corywaldal

Corywaldal New Member

I would love to see an app that would support tv tuner cards combined with the dvr functionality. Kinda like windows media center.

7. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

I'm going to bet the under on this. The Revue and Sony products don't really have a ton of resources to do encoding, which a DVR would require (either by specialzed chipset or by beefy CPUs). I say this in terms of HD content, not SD. I don't think Google wants to replace the DVR systems out there either.

8. aann

aann New Member

Hey guys
    any opinions on the success of the topic considering the Revue sports 1.2GHz CPU and Honeycomb 3.1 with Market and SDK being available?