Quantcast

DVD and Revue

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by comm3000, Aug 21, 2011.

1. comm3000

comm3000 New Member

The question today is as follow:
    Can I connect via HDMI and control my DVD or EVA8000 instead of "settopbox"?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, the Logitech Revue pulls its IR codes from the Harmony Database, but if your devices aren't supported then it is possible to teach the IR codes from their original remotes. Sony's implementation of Google TV is a little bit more limited in which devices it can control.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  3. comm3000

comm3000 New Member

OK, I found how to teach controller to my DVD IR codes in vary awkward way.
    1. I can not add a DVD as DVD device, because there is no way to do it.
    2. I can pretend that my DVD dev is a TV dev or AVR dev, and teach controller a new codes.
    BUT!!!
    There is a PROBLEM, because I lost ALL my remotes moving to new house.
    So, How the hell can I assign IR commands to controller without remotes? :)
    ------
    oh, forgot - I had registered Harmony remote programmed for all the stuff before, so I believe all my settings should be on Logitech DB. Not like it's gonna help tho.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You can also add the DVD as an STB device by opting for the "-Not on this list-". I went ahead and tested that by adding my Sony CX-DVP995 as one. At first, the wizard told me that this device was not found; however, forging on I went through to teach: "1", "Channel Up", and "Select". The Revue then downloaded the rest of the IR codes from the Harmony Database.

Once it has the codes, you can go though the "Customize Controller keys" control panel from the "Input" settings to assign different IR commands to each customizable key.

$Photo Aug 22, 9 00 04 AM.jpg

You could always buy a Harmony Remote, like the Harmony 300 that I have and used, to teach the codes to the Revue. There's even a profile for the Logitech Revue in the Harmony Database, so you can use it instead of the keyboard.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011