Quantcast

Dropped my cable TV service.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by trevman20, Sep 16, 2011.

1. trevman20

trevman20 New Member

Had a bad break up with my cable provider and found a rebound fling with the Logitech Revue.:rolleyes:

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Ha, well I am sure the Logitech Revue is a much less expensive romance but the bad news is, you're not getting screwed daily anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mwphelps

mwphelps New Member

I LOL'd. :D

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Me too!

5. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

Cut the cords... These companies need to understand the customer makes the company.. I cut the cable, Netflix, and July based on the actions of the companies..

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

6. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

What is your source(s) for movie entertainment?

7. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

I am an Amazon prime member.. & a huge personal library, and OTA HD TV with an HDHomeRun HDDvr.. We the customer make the company, it's time we take a stand against media companies or companies in general that don't do right by the customer base...

For me it was about principal...

I have not missed Netfilx, or Hulu one bit..

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

8. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have a huge library of Blu-ray/DVD/HD DVD/D-VHS and decided after decades of paying monthly cable or satellite bills to live with OTA, TiVo and Google TV. It works great for me but I don't have any real complaints with cable companies or satellite companies, the bill just became more than I was willing to pay but I have seen nothing that makes me believe the price isn't fair for the service. If it was too high, competition would drive it back down but satellite is about the same as cable and these companies must operate a profit or shutdown the business. The capital expenditures for fibre optic or satellite are great and without an adequate return can't be available. I also can't afford a Mercedes Benz but I don't claim that Mercedes should price their cars the same as the Hyundais I do drive. As consumers we have lots of choices now and my combination of TV programming is enough that I am happy and wish I had cut the cord years before I did. I like watching movies using Blu-ray so much better than any other option and as a result cable, satelite, streaming or PPV for movies just doesn't compare.