Quantcast

Dropcam

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by seepee, Jun 29, 2014.

1. seepee

seepee New Member

Hello everybody,

I'm new to the smart TV world. I just purchased a Sony NSZ-GS7 to watch Netflicks and cruise the internet. But one of my main reasons for purchasing the box was for its access to the Google play store and more specifically the Dropcam App.

is it possible to download some form of flash to support the app or browser streaming? My intentions for the dropcam was to use it as a baby monitor with picture in picture while surfing netflicks.

any help is appreciated.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

That app is not shown by Google Play as compatible with Google TV and I don't think there is anyway to make it compatible. The apps that are compatible are mostly related to using Google TV as a smart TV platform, it is not intended to run most apps designed for a smart phone or tablet. There are of course some exceptions but those are rare.

Most streaming sites I use are compatible with the Google TV Chrome browser and its version of Adobe Flashplayer but I know there are quite a number that are not. There is no way to update the Flash version for Google TV.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

4. seepee

seepee New Member

Is there a way to update the flash on google chrome to a compatible version?

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Only Google, Adobe or Sony or a combination of the three can do that and I don't think any Android hacker can change that situation. I also don't think the Google TV version of Flash will be updated to a newer version, ever. The only possibility for a flash change, Android will be updated to a newer version which will completely eliminate flash and we still don't know if or when that might happen.