Quantcast

downloading torrents is to slow to extenal hardrive

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by xsessive, May 20, 2012.

1. xsessive

xsessive New Member

i recently used a guide on this site to side load a torrent app to google tv .

but due to the limited storage on the the revue i am forced to use a external hardrive . With this setup i notice my speeds are well below standard when dowwnloading.

anyone seen this before? are there an better torrent clients?

2. rob2d

rob2d New Member

This sounds like it could possible involve the hardware limitations of the GTV(especially if it was a first gen, they didn't really go too well with it... for instance, you can't even play videogames or have a signal without a delayed input signal -_-). Wouldn't be surprised if either the networking capability or a lack of USB 2.0 was the reason here.

3. markart1

markart1 New Member

The problem does not lie with your internet conection or with the torrent client. Downloading directly to the external harddrive will slow down the downloading speed.This is due to the writing speed of your external drive and the transfer speed of USB cable. Assign the destination to your GTV and you would get back your regular download speed.

4. deepakwins

deepakwins New Member

May I know what is the App that you used to download the files to your external HD?

5. xsessive

xsessive New Member

im using atorrent on my logitech revue...i dout its my harddrive it downloads at normal speeds on my pc but i did set it to download straight to google tv and yes is worked fine but the revue has so little memory i may have to get the new sony or visio one