Quantcast

Download torrent files directly to revue

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by Jmprnbr1, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Jmprnbr1

Jmprnbr1 New Member

I have an updated revue running swarm torrent client. I want to download directly to portable Hard drive, anyone been able to do this yet?

2. swould333

swould333 Member

Try Ttorrent, you'll have to get it via a sideload from somewhere (not sure if it will even run on the revue) but it allows you to select where you wanna save the torrent files to... this will be dependant on if your revue recognizes the portable HDD in the MNT directory also... was planing on trying this with just a thumbdrive this afternoon when i got home from work... I tried to upload the file here.. but even compressed it was to large a file for their restrictions... pm me with your email and i'll send it direct to you..

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  3. Jmprnbr1

Jmprnbr1 New Member

Cool will try it, I am pretty sure it sees the hard drive. Thanks

4. swould333

swould333 Member

you may try looking at the seetings on your current app.. there may be a way to redirect the Dl location... surely if a free one like Ttorrent dose then a paid app should...

5. swould333

swould333 Member

THIS WORKS!!!!!

BUT you'll have to have a version of Swarm that the dev is currently working on... there was a glitch in the selection area that in the original app from the market wouldn't let you go past the "sdcard" directory, the USB ports for the Revue are in the MNT directory under MEDIA, but he changed that in a beta app he sent to me to test... he said i could forward it to a few people for further testing... The OP here and I have it and I'd like to send it to a few owners of the Sony box and the GTV enabled tv's to see if there are any bugs/issues that further need to be worked out.. PM if you want a copy

6. moab336

moab336 New Member

I'd love to try this on my Sony.

7. phishisgr8

phishisgr8 New Member

I'm looking for the beta version of the Swarm torrent downloader, can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

8. swould333

swould333 Member

I'm not sharing this app any longer... "beta" is over.... sorry... it IS a paid app and should support the dev... should be in the market before too long..

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  9. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. I read the thread and I was just wondering if there is a way to download files/movies with the Revue to a storage device - (without using a computer)?

10. phishisgr8

phishisgr8 New Member

I have no issues at all paying for a torrent app. Can you update this thread when it does hit the app store?

11. swould333

swould333 Member

YES.. you can... Swarm torrent(in the market) works but it trys to download the torrent files direct to the Revue "sdcard"(internal mem)... which it doesn't have much of... but the dev is goign to include the option to go up to the "mnt" directory in an future update (hopefully soon) this will allow you to gain access USB storage devices connected to your Gtv device... some of the peps i forwarded the version i have said that downnloading via a pc was quicker... You also need to side load and install the app Torrent-Fu.. it's a Torrent managment app that the developer made that alows you to search and send the torrents to Swarm (of which it has a built in profile for).. the Torrent-Fu app also works as a remote torrent manager for various other Torrent downloaders for your PC... you may be able to use Torrent-Fu as a remote to your pc program... download the files to a network attached storage and then just access them via the Logitech media app... Haven't tried this but plan on it...

I Got 2 other torrent apps to work...

https://market.android.com/details?...m5ldC5yZWRsaWdodG5pbmcucmVkdG9ycmVudGxpdGUiXQ.. but it only allowed one simultanious download and the only way i could get the files to download was to start the torrent... it wouldn't appear to start.. then i had to go into the download directory in File expert and select the torrent file... then it's bring up a doaloge as to where to send it... select Redtorrent and it goes... WHAT A PAIN.. right..

https://market.android.com/details?...sMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tb2JpbGl0eWZsb3cudG9ycmVudCJd also worked to but I didn't like the search interface... it actually worked via a browser type interface... ehhh not my cup o tea...

All of these you have to side load and IMO the Swarm/Torrent-Fu combo is best...

Sure.. or... if you want go ahead and email the dev... munday@gmail.com... ask him when he might be dropping it.... or if you purchase it will he forward you the version that allows you to change the download destination so you can access the //mnt/media directory so you can assign your usb devices for the storage locale

I just don't feel right giving away some one elses work especially when it's a paid app...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  12. swould333

swould333 Member

The updated version of Swarm is now in the Market....

Edit:... and agian.. you'll want to use Torrent-Fu in conjunction with this.. it makes finding torrents TONS easier. I'll check the GtvHacker drop box.. if it's not there i'll add it...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012